Grimslingers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chapter 4 Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cali _Gozer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Needing a bit of clarification on how to play through this chapter.

A special rule is applied when playing this chapter:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
"Players cannot use their anima's abilities or their element and signature spells this chapter...."

OK, so far so good with that however I've reached the Objective for Part Three (Option 1). Make sense but as I resolve the events on page 22 I wonder how I have to resolve "Parry":

Since I'm not allowed to play any Element/Signature spells, does this mean that I'm supposed to just DNC 3x and take the FX without any chance of negating or blocking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cali_Gozer wrote:
Needing a bit of clarification on how to play through this chapter.

A special rule is applied when playing this chapter:

"Players cannot use their anima's abilities or their element and signature spells this chapter...."

OK, so far so good with that however I've reached the Objective for Part Three (Option 1). Make sense but as I resolve the events on page 22 I wonder how I have to resolve "Parry":

Since I'm not allowed to play any Element/Signature spells, does this mean that I'm supposed to just DNC 3x and take the FX without any chance of negating or blocking?

Yes. But there is sort of a way around this that you missed. Chapter 4 is meant to test how well you know the game and all the options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cali _Gozer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah! Key word: options.

Full disclosure: I chose option 1 without reading much further than, "grab 12 items"

I got greedy...ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cali_Gozer wrote:
Ah! Key word: options.

Full disclosure: I chose option 1 without reading much further than, "grab 12 items"

I got greedy...ha!

Oh, it's actually more of a secret. Option 2 will likely lead you into the secret better, but not specifically.

Hint: Landmarks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.