Hide
6 Posts

Wizard's Academy» Forums » Rules

Subject: (Basic Game) Imps as fire extinguishers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Bissett
msg tools
I played my first game last night with the basic rules. After the fires started getting out of hand, I re-read the imp section and realized I could use imps to put out fires.

That is, instead of spending two glyphs to cast Snuff I could move into a room with an imp and fire token, then endure the imp first to lose only one glyph while also getting rid of the fire. Am I playing that correctly?

Related, should I lose a glyph for each imp in the room, or just lose one? The rules say "If there is an imp present..." and, IMO, 20 imps counts as an imp present, heh.

(Side note: This worked well because I had too many imps roaming around by the time I found Adjure. Guess how I eventually lost the game, heh. Awesome time though -- this game feels more like I'm in a real story than most.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that imps make great fire extinguishers, however, I had been playing that each imp required his own glyph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
I agree that imps make great fire extinguishers, however, I had been playing that each imp required his own glyph.

Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imps take one glyph each. Discussed a little here Imp Clusters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bissett
msg tools
Temeraire wrote:
Imps take one glyph each. Discussed a little here Imp Clusters

Thank you all. After reading other posts, I realized each imp gets its own glyph. I think I read Greg saying something like "You don't have to lose all your glyphs; just use some first "

Makes it easy, though, to put out fires if you have no glyphs and move into a room with imps, a fire, and a glyph source.

FWIW, I don't think the rules are unclear. I just wanted some confirmation since it was a 'slaps self in forehead' moment when I realized I was making things harder for myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm splitting the upcoming errata into 'rule changes' and 'clarifications', since this has tripped someone more than once it can have a spot in the clarifications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.