14 Posts

Raiders of the North Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Why is this game never available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has been on my wishlist, well, forever...

I got an email it was stocked at CSI and then in the blink of an eye out of stock....

There seems to be very solid demand for this title so my question is why is it never available and why would the print runs be so small?

I refuse to buy a 90$ copy off someone on ebay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Flores
Brazil
Teresina
Piauí
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you look at Garphill's official store? http://garphill.com/product/raiders-of-the-north-sea

It seems to be available there at very affordable prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$33 at CSI was a steal for this great game. More will come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason for the scarcity and small print runs is that the game is designed and produced by an independant one-man operation from New Zealand, normally via crowdfunding, and up to at least a couple of months ago he distributed exclusively via his own online store (take a look there, prices are in NZ dollars). So the stuff you saw on amazon and elsewhere were always third party people reselling their KS copies for profit.

He recently posted about some deals for official and wider distribution in North America and Europe, and to produce some translated versions thru other publishers (at least a spanish one is on the way), so be on the lookout for that later this year. Dunno if yesterday's offer on CSI was part of that deal, or if they were some extra copies they got with the latest KS for Explorers that arrived during september.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is always hard to find the game. As it is so great that it keeps getting snapped up quickly whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete truss
England
Bridgwater
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you can wait, I'm sure you will be able to get it with the planned expansions that will be kickstarted next February
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irishroar wrote:
There seems to be very solid demand for this title so my question is why is it never available and why would the print runs be so small?

This year I printed 1500 extra copies (on top of the original 3500). So far, no matter how many I print, they always sell out faster than expected. There are still a few hundred copies available though. Next year I will be printing a whole lot more, along with the planned expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Will there be an option to buy everything? I would be in for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pyle
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Excellent news. Is there a way to be notified when dates are announced for this new print run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am most active with updates on Facebook and Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
I am most active with updates on Facebook and Twitter.

I didn't know you were on Twitter. What is your handle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@garphillgames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carson
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
irishroar wrote:

This year I printed 1500 extra copies (on top of the original 3500). So far, no matter how many I print, they always sell out faster than expected. There are still a few hundred copies available though. Next year I will be printing a whole lot more, along with the planned expansions.

WOOT!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.