Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluance wrote:
The rules state that when the score of a player hits the 'enable scoring event' that triggers the end of the game.

What confuses me is it says if no one gets there the game ends in five round, with the chance of ending sooner. How do you keep track of the turns? (Most games provide a turn tracker, I was curious if I missed it or if you have to keep track manually) and how will the game end 'sooner' than five?

There are 5 Events in the game - 4 that are tokens, 1 that is baked into the board as it is always there. As you resolve an event, you remove it from the game. The remaining Events = the remaining rounds.

Basically, the tracker is baked into the Events as they are one and the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Macchiavello
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mb
The game is five round at most. It could end sooner. The round tracker is actually the events. If there are no events left to be activated, then you are in the final round, the event of the final round is that scoring will happen at the end of the round. If the score marker of a pkayer reaches (goes beyond) one event marker, the event marker is stacked along with the next one. So in the next round you will active both events, this will result in a loss of a complete round. Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Egenhofer
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Does this mean that you activate an event every round even when no player passes the marker? That is somehow unclear to me from the rules but it definitely makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MadAlfred wrote:
Does this mean that you activate an event every round even when no player passes the marker? That is somehow unclear to me from the rules but it definitely makes sense!

An event is resolved every round in the event phase.

If a player passes a market, you resolve multiple events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.