Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These videos are for those of us that have for one reason or another not played the video game version of "Gears of War" or just want a refresher. I think it is cool to see what the board game is trying to capture.

Cinematics and game play:

Purely cinematics:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delton Perez
United States
Newbury
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now I want to go and turn on the Xbox and play them all again.

Much appreciated!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is as if you could read my mind laugh
I just began to watch those custscene compilations. I bought the game because of its mechanics (which are awesome) but could never really get into the theme as a Playstation owner who never played the videogames. Watching playthroughs of them helps a lot with that.

But what really got me into liking the world behind Gears of War was watching a playthrough of the new Gears of War 4. Because at first I was a little repelled by the extremely clichee-esque macho soldier characters. It seemed a little too flat. Part 4 has much more sympathetic characters and even if they are not in the board game, watching their story helped me to get deeper into the world and theme of the GoW universe.

Now WizKids just has to produce GoW 4 Heroclix so we have a whole new source for miniatures to implement into the game.

Very good thread idea and highly recommended to take a look for everyone who does not own the videogames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Riquelme
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msoul01 wrote:
And now I want to go and turn on the Xbox and play them all again.

Much appreciated!!

You know you could always play them again... on Xbox One
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Agreed loving gears 4 ....poor PlayStationers missing out again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.