Hide
5 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » General

Subject: Gameplay Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Young
msg tools
I just bought this version of the game, having played the original at a friends house a few times.

I'm now having some people over who have no experience with this game at all, and i was wondering if it was possible to set it up more like the original game (it seems less complex) to make it simpler for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just leave out the modules (and any associated content).

I think only blue (chimp) should be excluded from the game if you're not playing raxxon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
Melisa Gupta (the Mechanical Engineer) is also dependent upon the Improvements Module. They can both be removed without issue without impacting game play at all, unless you're playing with 5 players, in which case you run into the starting survivor problem. I'm guessing you're prepping to play this weekend, or I'd recommend you buy the Felicia Day & Rich Summer promo survivors from the PlaidHat web store to fix that issue. But you can read the thread for other options, or just leave those characters in and make sure the players know they have no abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Young
msg tools
awesome, thanks for your help. I'm only playing with 4 this weekend, so it shouldn't be a problem with starting survivors. I'll still look into the promos just to be safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two module-based characters are still playable without the modules, they simply aren't maximized because their abilities need modules to function. Blue is very, very good even without Raxxon (1+ search and attack).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.