South Africa
Durban
KwaZulu Natal
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAME 2:
We immediatley followed up our first game with (surprise laugh) a second game. This proceeded much quicker than the first. This time I was the one left in the starting blocks (couldnt build up my army size through poor resource draw), while everyone else pillaged at leasure. Red and Blue adopted a tactic of building up their army size quickly, I resorted to large wagon collections and selective raiding. This worked well as I was able to quickly stuff my coffers with gold.

Hardly any Diplomacy cards this time, but Red managed to almost single handedly collect all the Development cards. Although being left behind in the initial invasion gave me only the city scraps to choose from, my gold reserves gave me greater freedom of movement. Strangely I was the first to complete both my Scourge sets.

Red had realised that she couldnt easily complete her Scourge set so, had settled down and started building her kingdom. In a similar occurance to the previous game, Red had begun her second Kingdom at about the same time Blue and I began our first. Although I had also positioned myself well to begin my Kingdoms - I had all the wagons and troops I needed to complete enough cities to reach my 10 VP target without needing any further resources! I also had enough diplomacy cards to score the 2VP diplomacy bonus!

But then out of nowhere, Red declares she has reached the target! All those development cards concealed a treasure trove of VPs! I could only reach a total of 7VPs, my perfect plan didnt have time to mature. Oh well I think I know what I'll do next time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.