Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Opulent» Forums » Rules

Subject: No disks on a patron at door. Do they leave ? Why let in otherwise ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a patron is at the door, and eventually loses all nickels/disks on themselves from waiting before even getting into the club, do they leave out of line, or do we have to let them in even tho they will then enter without any cash on them ?

If so, then we're forced to replenish some money back onto them via the dancefloor melody option or the schmooze door/bar option ?

Thats kinda rough tho, to know your letting someone in that requires additional attention or otherwise you make nothing from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
Whenever any patron runs out of coins they immediately leave the club and their card is discarded. So those in line get fed up and leave before making it in.

I was asking myself the same question. Where is the quote in the rulebook about that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im not sure if that is correct. Didnt see it in rulebook. Also, the rulebook does make note of making them leave if they run out of cash while at the dancefloor or at the bar (something like 'If a patron has no wooden nickels on them, they get disgruntled and immedietly leave the club')

But it makes no mention of it if they are at the door and have no wooden nickels. Hence, why I am super confused. If you play it as listed, it would appear they get in as it doesnt say they get disgruntled and leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went back through the rules and you're right. I couldn't find it either. I guess I went off of the thematic reason that if you were standing in line for something and got so fed up with it that you were no longer going to spend any money at the place would you stay? But it looks like these people are perfectly happy to be pissed off and still go in. That's good, it makes the game a whole lot easier.

Actually I found it, although not actually written in the rules. If you watch the Doorman how to play video on the Kickstarter page at about 08:40-08:50 he talks about them getting upset, leaving the club and getting discarded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwqEyXhDnIY#t=528
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice catch. I actually watched those videos ages ago, but forgot about them as its been so long. Thats pretty cool, it looks like they do indeed leave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delayed response all! Been busy finishing up fulfillment as well as the old 9-5 grind. The answers given are correct, at any time, and at any station, should a patron lose it's last wooden nickel then he/she heads home.yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.