Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Fantasy adversaries anywhere? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. B.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone created fantasy adversaries for the SoB? Many people like me have tons of fantasy minis and I suppose it would be great to blast a troll with a shotgun If not, I would love to make them myself, however I can't use graphic software (Photoshop etc) cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the files section for creatures by Opal here and on the Swamps of Death game page. They may fit what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for new monster cards but found just a few. I will take a closer look but I don't think I saw any fantasy themed monsters there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/110620/custom-adventur...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/110747/custom-adventur...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome, thanks! I am still looking for some more stuff of this kind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
It's taken all my discipline and practiced laziness to stop myself from home brewing a D&D/SOB hybrid. I already have classes half-fleshed-out. I will thank you not to further encourage me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did think once about adapting some of my Myth minis (the Scorpion in particular always appealed to me) unfortunately I always like my Homebrew to match layout / design of game components and my skills with any form of graphic software is non-existent at best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not that hard. I made the GIMP - a free open image editor - template as friendly as possible, including a directions layer that explains everything you need to do.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/109300/klutzs-custom-m...

It's literally as simply as typing information into a box, moving the text boxes around if they don't line up, adding a picture, and printing off the final result.

If you need help editing the picture Paint.NET is a very simple program for editing photos to create transparencies. You could even use it to create monster sheets if you have a blank file sheet, but the GIMP file is much faster since all the heavy lifting's been done already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should make an official expansion about fantasy Otherworld. The notion of Otherworlds is amazing as it allows ANYTHING to fit the theme. I have to check out the template and if they don't announce such an expansion in foreseeable future, I might to try doing this myself! Are there also templates for for threat cards and new heroes? I want a SoB dwarf!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.