Eagles of the Empire: Napoleon in the Desert» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ships rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Brown
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Rules for ships are tacked onto the Aboukir scenario but seem incomplete. Soo...
1) Are they classed as heavy artillery? Assume NO even though the guns must be large calibre pieces
2)Can they combine to bombard a single area? Assume NO else 9 dice each activation will just blow away each French Div at will.
3) Do they affect the ability of French units to recover? Again, assume NO as otherwise the French will have to retreat to an area out of range of the ships..which is almost off the map.

final question, not ship related:

4)How do you apportion reductions due to terrain effects? Example is (actually occurred in my replay)6 elite dice (+1 DRM) and 6 normal dice (no DRM)vs a trench so -25% means lose 3 dice. So who chooses which dice will be lost? I favoured the attacker so dropped 1 elite die and 2 normal dice.

Having a ball with the game and think the system is great. Still in honeymoon period maybe but even the Aboukir scenario is fine so disagree with Desaix's thumbs down in the Session forum.

//Dotar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brown
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Ships rules et al
OK two more non-ship questions arising from the NITD rule books:

5) What happens when a Turkish unit is out-of-command (i.e. must retreat after an assault) and in a fort (i.e. does not have to retreat after an assault )? I assume the fort takes precedence and they stay put...but...

6) If a unit stands in a fort do they take full hits or reduced hits? I'm assuming full hits as the attackers have already had the fort reduction penalty on their attack dice.

7) How does the halving/doubling work during cavalry charges against infantry squares? Normally the cavalry are doubled on charge but if the cunning infantry form square the cavalry are then halved. Does that mean they are a)reduced back from double to normal strength or b) reduced from their normal strength to half strength. I assume b) to reflect the defensive strenght of a well formed square which is modelled as reducing a cavalry charge to 1/4 of its normal power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.