Subject: Difference between red and black character cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment.
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it mean between the red and black background colors on the character cards?
See picture below:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paxton73 wrote:
What does it mean between the red and black background colors on the character cards?
See picture below:

I will hazard a guess that it's related to the Book of Script.

Where did you get the characters info anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paxton73 wrote:

Interesting! I'm usually good at noticing details, but I hadn't noticed that, or at least not thought about it. Now I'm curious too

Misfiring wrote:
Where did you get the characters info anyway?

I think they come from one of the Kickstarter updates, although I think they've also been posted here on BGG before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I've looked everywhere and I can't find it, but...

I thought they said that the colors of the cards were representative of their prowess in battle. This makes sense for most but not for Zlata in the picture above (and a few others).

I'm 90% sure I read something about this, but I cant find it in the 7000+ KS comments, update comments, AMA....and its bugging me now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my thoughts was that a certain color may be used for starting characters and the other color would be used for characters that you find along the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It s just for aspect, nothing related to gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It IS related to gameplay.
In the demo at Essen we had to draw starting characters until we hat 2 black ones and a red one (or the other way around).
I think one color is good at searching outside and the other is weaker characters that are more suited to working inside but have their uses there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei123 wrote:

I wonder where you got this information whistle

kilrah wrote:
It IS related to gameplay.
In the demo at Essen we had to draw starting characters until we hat 2 black ones and a red one (or the other way around).
I think one color is good at searching outside and the other is weaker characters that are more suited to working inside but have their uses there.

Do you mean we have to draw at least 3 characters and then draw more if those 3 were the same color until one of the other color is drawn?

Example 1 We draw 3 characters, two black (red), one red (black). Stop drawing.

Example 2: We draw 3 character, all black (red). We draw one more, red (black). Stop drawing.

Example 3: We draw 3 characters, all black (red). We draw one more, black (red). We draw one more, red (black). Stop drawing

Something like this? If so, is there a cap limit of characters you may draw? If you hit that number but you only have one color, what happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn t got it from anywhere. I just deducted it myself becasuse i m a genius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had to draw characters until we had 3 total. As I said I am not sure if it was 1 red and 2 black or the other way around, but let's say the former. So if you revealed your 2nd red or 3rd black one you'd discard it and keep drawing until you had your correct composition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the characters with red cards can carry more things, they have a bigger inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrei123 wrote:
Andrei123 wrote:
Andrei123 wrote:
the characters with red cards can carry more things, they have a bigger inventory.

Genius!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Andrei
Romania
Constanta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Braffe wrote:
Andrei123 wrote:
Andrei123 wrote:
Andrei123 wrote:

Genius!

Indeed! You can not argue or contradict with genius because you can not understand a genius's advanced mind. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.