Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
how to play

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/88/53...

rules reference

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/b0...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time for any pre-order...how long between rulebooks and delivery? I am anxious to get this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They usually release the rules a week before release, though I've seen it be longer. Fingers crossed it's next week, considering it'll be available at Arkham Nights this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
the boat is still on the pacific though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:

I see it's still "on the boat" too which is why I asked. I hope it is out in a week. I pre-ordered from Miniature Market (before I went to the FF site) so it may be even longer to get mine. I am getting excited! Read the rulebooks and it looks good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulfengaard Hrafnson
United States
Cameron Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so excited for this to come out that I can hardly stand it, and I typically don't get overwrought about release dates. I've been patiently awaiting a number of games, actually, but I check on this one every day. CAN'T WAIT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eden73 wrote:
nightwishpower wrote:
the boat is still on the pacific though :(

I see it's still "on the boat" too which is why I asked. I hope it is out in a week. I pre-ordered from Miniature Market (before I went to the FF site) so it may be even longer to get mine. I am getting excited! Read the rulebooks and it looks good!

FFG shamelessly fudges the status of products, while indicative if stuff is going to get reprinted or not, it's not reliable for dates when FFG want to keep that info obscured a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo! Don't they know how much we WANT this?? Haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edvando Filho
Brazil
flag msg tools
Any rule that caught you guys attention? (beside the The Grim Rule)

Some of mine:

1) If the encounter deck is empty, simple reshuffle the discard into it (no specific phase as LOTR).
2) If the player deck is empty and you need to draw, reshuffle the discard into it and take one horror.
Spawn keyword enemies are discarded if the spawn location is not in play.
3) You can attack engaged and engaged enemies. If you miss a engaged enemy with another player, that player take the full dmg (be careful with your shotgun!).
4) Rules for Aloof and Massive enemies!
5) Rules for starting with more experience feel very cheap (every 10xp = one weakness).
6) Each and every basic weakness you get from expansions, go into the "general weakness pool" that you can draw your initial weakness.
7) The same weakness you start or acquire stay with you the whole campaign.
8) The "standalone" adventure rule is a little awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
The rule that say you get a horror when your deck is empty is in the rule reference?

Other tan the shotgun, is there a way to deal more than 1 damage per attack? All weapons seems to do 1. Dmg in this game lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Th exceptional cards that cost double their level in XP sound intriguing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edvando wrote:
Any rule that caught you guys attention? (beside the The Grim Rule)

Some of mine:

1) If the encounter deck is empty, simple reshuffle the discard into it (no specific phase as LOTR).
2) If the player deck is empty and you need to draw, reshuffle the discard into it and take one horror.
Spawn keyword enemies are discarded if the spawn location is not in play.
3) You can attack engaged and engaged enemies. If you miss a engaged enemy with another player, that player take the full dmg (be careful with your shotgun!).
4) Rules for Aloof and Massive enemies!
5) Rules for starting with more experience feel very cheap (every 10xp = one weakness).
6) Each and every basic weakness you get from expansions, go into the "general weakness pool" that you can draw your initial weakness.
7) The same weakness you start or acquire stay with you the whole campaign.
8) The "standalone" adventure rule is a little awkward.

Reading through it now. In many ways this feels like reading the FAQ for Lord of the Rings LCG. It's obvious this is going to benefit greatly from all the years of tweaking those rules. Many situations have already been anticipated which is super cool.

As far as standout rules go, so far the one that has really stood out to me is the "Collection" rule. I find if very interesting that it's possible for your collection of cards to be interacted with in some way. I don't think I've ever seen that in a card game like this. I also like the example given for it, nice shoutout to Sean and Etienne from Cardboard of the Rings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Molleda Garcia
Spain
Carbajal de la Legua
Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more intriguing for me is the "investigator pool":

"If a player attempts to choose a new investigator and
there are no investigators remaining in the pool,
the players have lost and the campaign ends."

So, I guess each campaign limits the number of investigators available in the "pool", otherwise, the more you buy, the better chance to win the campaign.

PAY TO WIN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eden73 wrote:
nightwishpower wrote:

They're supposed to be available this weekend at Arkham Nights. I'll be sure to return and gloat when I have my copy on Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the Experience section, it sounds like upgrading a card from one version of itself to a higher level version (i.e. same name), you pay the difference in level, but if you want to swap out a card to a card with a different name, you pay the full cost of the new card, regardless of what you're swapping out.

For example:

Swapping Beat Cop (level 0) for Beat Cop (level 2) costs 2
Swapping Card X (level 1) for Card X (level 2) costs 1
Swapping Police Badge (level 2) for Beat Cop (level 2) costs 2
Swapping Shotgun (level 4) for Beat Cop (level 2) costs 2

The fourth swap is probably outlandish, and the third somewhat, but later in a campaign especially perhaps not so much, and I don't think the second swap is outlandish at all (although it's not possible using just core set cards, I don't think; I'm assuming expansions will make it possible).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.