Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/11/beyond...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wallet

2016-2017

RIP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mud Tusk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep them coming FFG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"Wir Gehen Nach Kansas!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That should keep the storage solution thread alive and kicking for a few more months then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike christiansen
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was pleasantly surprised about how good this is and how much my wife likes to play it. I am happy to get new scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!
...except that's $250 in just 3 months! This game will cost each of us $1000/year at this rate! gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what is very interesting is this tidbit at the end.

Quote:
Keep your eyes peeled for news on upcoming downloadable scenarios, which will be released this winter and playable by owners of Mansions of Madness Second Edition core game.

It seems to be more than one scenario this winter. Love it. Bring on the new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like no new tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Only one new monster is a let-down.
No new map tiles however is awesome. I honestly feel we have more than enough and would find more a pain to sort through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
No new map tiles however is awesome. I honestly feel we have more than enough and would find more a pain to sort through.

50 bucks for 1 new monster, 2 new characters and 2 scenarios is actually a horrible price. I do hope there are tiles and cards and more goodies in it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
The earlier leak made it sound like there would be 6 new tiles. Surprised they didn't mention them in the announcement though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barks
Australia
Armidale
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thrall looks like a new computer-assisted sculpt, so the quality could be better than the previous stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

50 bucks for 1 new monster, 2 new characters and 2 scenarios is actually a horrible price. I do hope there are tiles and cards and more goodies in it

This expansion box looks like the box is going to actually be able to hold components....thatd be a huge plus for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Well, there are indications of more components.

Quote:
Alongside the new investigators and creatures of Beyond the Threshold are a myriad of new objects, spells, conditions, and afflictions. New weapons lie in wait, offering unique ways to attack, while unfamiliar pains and anxieties threaten you at every turn.

One 'one monster' doesn't just mean one monster model. There could be five thralls in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I simply commented on the map tiles from a gameplay perspective. I didn't look at the price which I agree is bloody awful. What's this going to be in $AU - $80?!?! Criminal for the content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destrio Dai
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like they are baking the price of app development into the price of the box. But if it is 3 for a digital scenario is there only 6 dollars worth in this expansion? That would make it 34 in physical components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

I simply commented on the map tiles from a gameplay perspective. I didn't look at the price which I agree is bloody awful. What's this going to be in $AU - $80?!?! Criminal for the content.

The price is not $50, it is $40, clearly marked on the FFG page.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/mansions-of-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Destrio wrote:
Seems like they are baking the price of app development into the price of the box. But if it is 3 for a digital scenario is there only 6 dollars worth in this expansion? That would make it 34 in physical components.

That $34 isn't just for the components, it is to move those components from China to the distributors. It is important to remember that apps have no shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Destrio wrote:

Well, for a start FFG will only see around $12-$16 of that $40, while they will see $2 of the DLC scenario. So the question is are there $8-$12 of physical components?

Secondly, adding new monsters means creating a new monster AI 'deck' in the app. They are probably also adding new global cards to the Mythos 'deck' in the app, including specific events for the new investigators.

One would also hope that some of the items, and even the monster and tiles, will be added as possibilities in previous scenarios. Essentially what I'm getting at is there additional app development to support the new physical components. Above and beyond what's needed for a downloadable one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huey182 wrote:

Quote:
Keep your eyes peeled for news on upcoming downloadable scenarios, which will be released this winter and playable by owners of Mansions of Madness Second Edition core game.

It seems to be more than one scenario this winter. Love it. Bring on the new stuff.

They already tweeted new DLC for MoM a few days ago. 2.99.

Quote:
Dive deeper into the insanity with the first Mansions of Madness scenario DLC, coming this winter for $2.99.

Hoping DLC implies more than one scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Random thoughts from the article:

Quote:
"Introducing two new investigators, one unfamiliar creature, and a variety of additional components, this expansion will extend the possibilities of your journey through each and every unsettling scenario of uncertainty and anxiety. The new spaces to discover, people to encounter, and cards to experience all come together to bring additional scenarios as well, throwing you into the dim unknown of two new mysteries, each with their own unique additions to the world of Mansions of Madness."

- The way this is worded makes it sound as if the new components will be used to make new variations to the old scenarios.

Quote:
"The forces controlling their minds have gained influence over their physical being as well and have disfigured it almost beyond recognition. Thus, the people with whom you speak in one moment may be the monster you must fight to destroy in the next."

- This makes me think that there will not only be several Thrall minis, but variations for the Thrall minis.

Quote:
"These components introduce both new gameplay elements and unique insanity effects for the investigators who were unable to bear the terror."

- New insanity effects!

Quote:
"The observations you make upon arrival may fail you later, as you return to explored areas only to find unfamiliar spaces."

".. especially when map tiles move and seemingly ordinary objects possess hidden qualities."

- This just sounds cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Much like the other MoM 2e content, this still seems overpriced for what we get. Guess this is FFG's new strategy as dictated by Asmodee: charge more for less content. And with their price manipulation scheme, this is just more of a double whammy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Huey182 wrote:

Quote:

They already tweeted new DLC for MoM a few days ago. 2.99.

Quote:
Dive deeper into the insanity with the first Mansions of Madness scenario DLC, coming this winter for $2.99.

Hoping DLC implies more than one scenario.

Yes but this new post adds a plurality to it, implying more than 1 scenario. That is the part I noted,and liked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otakuon wrote:
Much like the other MoM 2e content, this still seems overpriced for what we get. Guess this is FFG's new strategy as dictated by Asmodee: charge more for less content. And with their price manipulation scheme, this is just more of a double whammy.
Its only overpriced if nobody buys it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.