Subject: Out-of-the-box RPG with audio? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
yoshihiro miura
United States
dobbs ferry
New York
flag msg tools
Hi, my friends and I recently started playing Mice and Mystics and we've been enjoying it a lot because the additional narrative audio files you can purchase. None of us are really great orators so I was wondering whether anyone knew of other out-of-the-box RPG's that have a similar audio component that takes you through the story? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not be the kind of "RPG" you're talking about but there was a boxed set for D&D published back in the mid-90s that came with a really lengthy audio CD containing 2 adventures. The CD served as narration, character voices, sound effects and mood-setting and, while incredibly corny in some ways, it was a real treat to play through.

It was packaged under two names. The first release was the boxed set called "First Quest" but it was later repackaged as Introduction to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

Obviously, it's long out of print but copies seem to be pretty cheap and easy to acquire.

https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Advanced-Dungeons-Dragon...

Again, probably not exactly what you were looking for but it immediately sprung to mind when I read the title of the thread.

You can find the audio tracks on Youtube:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only board game with an audio CD that I know is Space Alert...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Pingo Pingo and escape the curse of the temple lol Atmosfear - kids game I suppose but you always have a bit of fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Condiment
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
It may not be the kind of "RPG" you're talking about but there was a boxed set for D&D published back in the mid-90s that came with a really lengthy audio CD containing 2 adventures. The CD served as narration, character voices, sound effects and mood-setting and, while incredibly corny in some ways, it was a real treat to play through.

They made some other ones like this too, but not sure how many. Link below is to one of the ravenloft adventures that takes place in a haunted house. The tracks, as I recall, were the same sort of narration for each room as well as some sound effects and such. It was pretty cool at the time. I wonder if it holds up?

https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/49794/light-belfry

And here's a geeklist that includes some others:

https://rpggeek.com/geeklist/46866/item/1055554#item1055554

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.