Subject: New app version (1.2.0) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Delahunty
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.2.0 is up on Steam and the App Store, at the very least.

1.2.0 - Released
OCTOBER 10 - FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES
• Added support for localization asset bundles
• Added German language content for base game scenarios
• Access German content via Options menu (internet connection required)
• Minor optimizations and bug fixes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great, coincidence that they release it one day before the "Spiel" in Essen? Maybe the german version is already available there...

And there seems to be a remarkable number of further languages, you can see them if you click on the language selector. They're grayed out for now but this suggests they will be added in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
"Added support for localization asset bundles"

What does this mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastion wrote:

What does this mean?

Sounds to me like the app can now download "asset bundles" (text/images/voice) which have been localised, rather than having all the various different languages built into the app itself.

This will keep the total size of the app down (good for devices with little storage) as you don't have to download loads of localised content you don't need.

But it also seems to indicate they can add other languages later without having to release a new app version to all the stores... I may be wrong there as I haven't had a chance to check out the new app yet, but it reads that way to me. Hence the mention of needing internet access for the German content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Pudsy wrote:
Bastion wrote:

What does this mean?

Sounds to me like the app can now download "asset bundles" (text/images/voice) which have been localised, rather than having all the various different languages built into the app itself.

This will keep the total size of the app down (good for devices with little storage) as you don't have to download loads of localised content you don't need.

But it also seems to indicate they can add other languages later without having to release a new app version to all the stores... I may be wrong there as I haven't had a chance to check out the new app yet, but it reads that way to me. Hence the mention of needing internet access for the German content.

you are correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Upmann
Germany
Riesenbeck
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:
That's great, coincidence that they release it one day before the "Spiel" in Essen? Maybe the german version is already available there...

Yes, the German version will be available at Essen. Source: http://www.merz-verlag.com/neuheiten.html

And I'm very happy that they got the app ready in time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: New app version (1.2.1)
And so is 1.2.1

Spanish for base game scenarios and minor scenario fixes.

It seems they are now timing the releases so that all versions (iOS, Steam & Android(I'm assuming this is also out)) are released at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their Descent app just got another update (and first paid DLC), and I noticed it now has Steam Cloud support. Hope that makes it's way into the MoM app at some point, as we sometimes use different devices (laptop/tablet, or pc hooked up to TV).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.