$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't see anything related to it on the BGG site but then again, it is a nightmare to search as we all know, so sorry if its already on here somewhere.

Anyone who's a fan of the Shut up and Sit down team, will know Matt Lees as their sidekick and frequent contributor.

I stumbled across an article about Mat Lee's fiancée, in the UK's daily Mail.

Emma unfortunately has a very aggressive and potentially fatal cancer and her final hope is to have a treatment called immunotherapy.

It is unavailable on the NHS and like all of these things is invariably expensive.

The Daily Mail article is here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3832677/Desperate-...

So here's a link for people to help Emma and show what a great community we are.

https://www.gofundme.com/2ry3umc

edit I had trouble getting gofundme to accept my payment as it wouldn't recognise my postcode. Anyway a kind person posted this paypal link below and I've now copied up here too.

https://twitter.com/Jam_sponge/status/785772811168219136

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I stumbled across this article about Mat Lee's (from the Shut up and Sit down team) fiancée in the UK's daily Mail.
Wow, funded already!

Glad to see not just kickstarters that folks will jump on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I stumbled across this article about Mat Lee's (from the Shut up and Sit down team) fiancée in the UK's daily Mail.
Please thumb this thread, people! This is definitely front page news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed and bumping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt has also tweeted a PayPal link if that's preferable to GoFundMe.
https://twitter.com/Jam_sponge/status/785772811168219136
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dennis
Wales
Llanon
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I think how much enjoyment the Shut up and Sit Down site has given me, it was a no-brainer to send a contribution for Emma. I hope that they have a wonderful wedding this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Dennis wrote:
When I think how much enjoyment the Shut up and Sit Down site has given me, it was a no-brainer to send a contribution for Emma. I hope that they have a wonderful wedding this weekend.

I couldn't agree more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankyou Andy for the Paypal link I had problems with the Gofundme one.

hope Matt and Emma have a wonderful wedding this weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Burdett
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OP: Maybe it would be a good idea to change the title? There's nothing in the current title that suggests the gravity of the situation. It's so important that this get to the front page and get a lot of views.

Maybe something like, "Please help a young woman in danger for her life."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My initial post was more to see if someone could point me to an official post about this. Hence my vaguer title on my OP

I figured it must be on here already (surely someone from from Shut Up and Sit Down, would have posted something about it here on BGG) and it was just me not being able to find anything using the crap BGG search facility.

Anyway I've taken your advice and changed the title
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their wedding made the BBC News front page:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37654323
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.