Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear these get so confusing when they came in multiples.

Ok for simplicity sake let's say we open a door and there is only one zone inside.

Draw to spawn:

1. Double spawn

So draw 2 cards

2. Double spawn + double spawn

So draw 4? Cards

3. Double spawn + double spawn + Walker's + Walker's

Spawn the Walker's And draw 4 more cards?

And so on... Am I doing this right?

Scenario b. This one is real basic but feels under powered. Normal outside spawns. Zone one draw a double spawn.
Zone one gets skipped.
Zone two double spawn and double spawn.
Zone two gets skipped
Draw four cards for zone three.
All zombies, the end. Correct?

It just feels weird after all that, that two zones are empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like you have it all correct. Just remember that any Necromancers drawn immediately interrupt the spawn process to place a spawn point in their room with a spawn of its own.

Example:

Spawn Point 1: Double Spawn (two spawns to point 2)
Spawn Point 2: Necromancer and Double Spawn (two spawns to point 3)
*STOP* and place Necromancer spawn point and draw a card
Necromancer Spawn Point: Double Spawn (two spawns at same spawn point because there is no other spawn point in this spawn cycle) -> Walkers and Walkers
*RETURN* to regular spawn
Spawn Point 3: Walkers and Double Spawn (two spawns back to spawn point 1)
Spawn Point 1: Walkers and Walkers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:

Everything you described is correct. In the end, the intent/net effect of double spawns is really to make where the Zs will land unpredictable. It works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:
3. Double spawn + double spawn + Walker's + Walker's

Spawn the Walker's And draw 4 more cards?

Just to be fully clear for anyone that might misinterpret this, that's 4 Walkers for the current Zone in the sequence and 4 more cards for the next Zone in the sequence (looping back from the end Zone to the first Zone if necessary).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
madaxer wrote:

Everything you described is correct. In the end, the intent/net effect of double spawns is really to make where the Zs will land unpredictable. It works.

Thanks, it actually makes perfect sense when looking at it from that perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
madaxer wrote:
Carcking wrote:
madaxer wrote:

Thanks, it actually makes perfect sense when looking at it from that perspective.

Well I think there is even more to it then just make it unpredictable where zombies spawn.

In your example you had three spawn zones, drew three double spawns in total and ended up with "just" four normal spawns (i.e. "just" one more than there were zones). Granted, they all appeared in one zone.

However, if you had drawn two normal spawn cards for the first two zones and then had drawn a double spawn for the last one, you would have continued to draw cards, in your example lets say another two double spawns for the first zone, followed by two normal spawn cards (for the first double spawn) and two other cards.

At this point you have drawn the same cards as in your example, plus two more cards, i.e., you end up with at least six cards for the three spawn zones! Double spawns behave differently depending on if they are drawn within the normal cycle (i.e. they "just move" the spawn) or at the end of the cycle, where they actually also add one more card to the total!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.