Corunea» Forums » General

Subject: Buying a box and brute pack without starter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luigi Senna
Italy
Wyoming
flag msg tools
I'll be able to play up to 4 player buying just a box of 36 booster and 2 brute pack? With NO starter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. You need the cards that only come in the starters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Masmanidis
Greece
Kallithea
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Jose said, there are some specific cards that are "tied" to each class and can be found only in the starter decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are having trouble locating starters, I could send you some cards for the cost of shipping to help you out. Message me if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi Senna
Italy
Wyoming
flag msg tools
i'm sending a message to you!
That's a pity to hear that i'll need necessarily the starter
Even if i have the brute force pack i cannot play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi Senna
Italy
Wyoming
flag msg tools
I've opened 4 pack, and i've found a Character!
Exactly, what are the cards from the starter, i need in order to play?
Arent's the characters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the 2 matching character cards. One has the character stats on it, the other is the "positional" card you place on the "board" (around the mission/location card) to show where the character is located during a battle. But you don't really need the positional card, you can just use a token to show where he is (one side is normal, the other side shows you are in movement mode so you have a bonus to movement, you could make this).

The main thing you need is the class cards for character/class you want to play: Defender cards, Swordmaster cards, Defiler cards, Elementalist, Warden, and Shade.

There are actions and items that anyone can use, but most ability cards are restricted to just one class. So, to make a Swordmaster deck for example, you need at least some of the Swordmaster Ability cards, some Swordmaster equipment like Long Sword or Great Sword, etc. I just opened a sealed starter and it looks like the Fixed part of the starter is 3 Abilities, 4 Equipment, 1 Master Attack, and 1 Battle State that are Swordmaster-only and I suspect are only found in the starter. The boosters probably have 1 Action, 3 Battle State, and 2 Effect for Swordmaster that aren't in the starter.

So, you can sort of make a class deck using boosters only, but you'll miss a lot of the options and flavor without the cards that come in the starter, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.