Subject: 2nd editions in Spanish. Warning! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question for Donald and the guys and also a warning for another Spanish gamers like me that found out about this by chance.

Dominion intrigue has been sold out for a long time in Spain. Recently, vanilla Dominion went out of stock too.
The base dominion (Spanish) is getting a reprint hitting the stores right now. I've checked with the distributors (Devir) and they confirmed it's just that, a literal reprint. They didn't even change some errata in the cards...

So, are we ever gonna see the revamped Dominion in Cervantes' tongue?
More important: intrigue is supposed to come back in 2017. Will it be the new 2nd ed. Intrigue or a reprint of the first edition (with its errata and everything).

I've been waiting for a year and passing on the original Dominion so I could start my own ollection with Intrigue. Now I'm glad I did. But I'm afraid we may have to wait another couple years or more to see the 2nd. Edition hitting our shores (maybe more if word gets out and they don't run out of the outdated stock).

I'll check with the local distributor. If the devs know something about this or the availability of Spanish update packs, that would be comforting. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've done all you can for the moment. It is up to local distributors like devir to decide whether to release the second edition or just reprint the first. Rio Grande has no control over that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the situation as it is, with a batch of first editions reprinted, I just don't think you'll see second edition until the current stock runs out again. You might ask the publisher to publish the upgrade packs, maybe both in one package as a small expansion.

I don't see anything you can do that would not be tilting at windmills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
zosete wrote:
A question for Donald and the guys and also a warning for another Spanish gamers like me that found out about this by chance.

I don't know anything about non-English versions of the second editions or update packs. I would be surprised if the second editions don't at least come out in German and Japanese, but I don't know if they will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:

I see what you did there

Thanks everyone.

Oh, well. I'll wait it out and see. Kinda like giving a job to the local industry. Besides, there's always the chance Spanish editions become collector pieces like the Spanish and Russian editions of rock albums in the 70's with their wacky covers and inline notes that had nothing to do with the originals.

You should see the Spanish Race for the Galaxy artwork. Some "creativity" goind down there. However, if the new TTA lands full of errata I may consider switching to English once and for all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
zosete wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:

I see what you did there

laugh Maybe you have not seen this?

Link: http://xkcd.com/556/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use to post that Randall strip now and then comes April the 23rd

Also I live like a hundred yards away from the national monument to the old bugger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zosete wrote:
You should see the Spanish Race for the Galaxy artwork. Some "creativity" goind down there.

Ooh. Where can I say those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
zosete wrote:
You should see the Spanish Race for the Galaxy artwork. Some "creativity" goind down there.

Ooh. Where can I say those?

Here: http://www.gabineteludico.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemar...

Also, they used the original base game artwork for the Spanish The Gathering Storm, and they have released the third expansion but not the second one, if I recall it right. In any case, the distributor went bankrupt and yielded the publishing llicense to another one, so...

Anyway, I sort of enjoy having this particular editions, even if it means I may never get a fully upgraded game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben lenberg
Spain
Malaga
flag msg tools
mb
Any news about the 2º edition coming in spanish?
I want to buy the game and don't know if i should wait or simply buy the "old" version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.