GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,191 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
45 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Why didn't Trumps remarks gain liberal votes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Farnum
msg tools
I would think with the track record of Bill Clinton and his sexual predations that Trumps remarks would make liberals appreciate him. I just don't get it. It's just sex and that's what liberals echoed endlessly when Kenneth Starr was over the Clinton investigation.

Just look at the lewd and overly sexualized stuff Hollywood endlessly pumps out. They are mostly liberal elitists. What about the endless stream of rap music. Lyrics about pimps and ho's are extremely common. Talk of prostituting women and abusing them for financial gain is very popular in rap music. I would think rap musicians would connect with what Trump was talking about and they are mostly liberals.

I guess objectification of women and lewd behavior is only bad when it's the other guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump supporter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
I would think with the track record of Bill Clinton and his sexual predations that Trumps remarks would make liberals appreciate him. I just don't get it. It's just sex and that's what liberals echoed endlessly when Kenneth Starr was over the Clinton investigation.

Just look at the lewd and overly sexualized stuff Hollywood endlessly pumps out. They are mostly liberal elitists. What about the endless stream of rap music. Lyrics about pimps and ho's are extremely common. Talk of prostituting women and abusing them for financial gain is very popular in rap music. I would think rap musicians would connect with what Trump was talking about and they are mostly liberals.

I guess objectification of women and lewd behavior is only bad when it's the other guys.

Your party nominated a Loser, dude. Sorry, but you're going to have to come to grips with that sometime over the next 4 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
jasonwocky wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

Your party nominated a Loser, dude. Sorry, but you're going to have to come to grips with that sometime over the next 4 years.

I'm not voting for Trump, I don't like him. I just find the selective outrage interesting. But hypocrisy is pretty typical when it comes to the Clintons and her supporters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't aware that there was audio evidence of Bill Clinton admitting he sexually assaulted women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

I'm not voting for Trump, I don't like him. I just find the selective outrage interesting. But hypocrisy is pretty typical when it comes to the Clintons and her supporters.

Now that The Giant Yam has failed them, the alt-right is just reduced to whining. Better luck next time sport. How sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

Whether you like him personally or not is beside the point, so I'll repeat myself: "Your party nominated a Loser."

I was not a fan of Hillary's nomination. Oh, I think she'll make for a fine President; I just thought she was a lousy candidate. But somehow y'all found someone for her to actually wipe the floor with. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump's remarks were NOTHING NEW. All he said was already known and processed back in the 1990s. It didn't gain liberal votes because it is NOT a new piece of information.

Further, they were remarks about somebody who is NOT a candidate for president, and whose womanizing (however fucking distasteful it surely is) was given a pretty thorough going-over by Ken Starr who, no paragon of restraint, ended up only trying to pin a perjury charge on Bill.

Again, this is all OLD NEWS. And if that political fucking genius strategist Trump had looked at how the news was received in the 1990s, it INCREASED sympathy and approval for Hillary Clinton.

So yeah, good job there Donald.

knucklesamwich wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
It's just sex and that's what liberals echoed endlessly when Kenneth Starr was over the Clinton investigation.

Gross generalizations and mass assumption on your part based on your preconceived notions.

Starr investigated Lewinski and that was admitted to be consensual.

Which lewd movie makers and ho smakin' rap stars have protested Trump's statements?

Stop looking for hypocrisy in the other party and start cleaning up your own. Then throw stones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for liberals, but I know why his remarks didn't affect me. Trump is a pathological liar. So I don't believe anything he says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the manatee
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_santafe wrote:
I can't speak for liberals, but I know why his remarks didn't affect me. Trump is a pathological liar. So I don't believe anything he says.

Whaddya mean "pathological liar"? Didn't you see that he won the second debate by a landslide according to every poll?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
Donald wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:
It's just sex and that's what liberals echoed endlessly when Kenneth Starr was over the Clinton investigation.

Gross generalizations and mass assumption on your part based on your preconceived notions.

Which lewd movie makers and ho smakin' rap stars have protested Trump's statements?

Stop looking for hypocrisy in the other party and start cleaning up your own. Then throw stones.

What party am I involved in? I think both parties are garbage. I just find it weird that liberals are rarely held to the same standard that they apply to others. Like calling people sand niggers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:

What party am I involved in? I think both parties are garbage. I just find it weird that liberals are rarely held to the same standard that they apply to others. Like calling people ---- ------.

Classy. You know of course that that was not Clinton using that word, but was included in an op-ed she forwarded in an email.

But you just get a little thrill being able to use that word and pretend like you're just quoting a bad person, don't you?

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-sand-wikileaks-dump/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In all honesty I don't think Bill Clinton wins now either. Not because I think he broke any laws or disliked him at the time. I'm not certain his old fashioned southern charm works today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
Donald wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

What party am I involved in? I think both parties are garbage. I just find it weird that liberals are rarely held to the same standard that they apply to others. Like calling people sand niggers.

You have any actual examples or are we back in whining mode
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:

Folks, we have ourselves a fake libertarian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:

Yeah we already have plenty of "I'm not a conservative" liars like you around here. I'll believe you think both parties are garbage right after you make a few posts criticizing the Republicans, until then, I think you are full of shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

Oooooh, hypocrisy.

Wait.

OK, over it. Because I have aged out of pre-school.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the manatee wrote:
bob_santafe wrote:

Whaddya mean "pathological liar"? Didn't you see that he won the second debate by a landslide according to every poll?

and he has a giant cock.

and he never forcibly finger-banged a woman.

and he has never been bankrupt.

and he is a fucking business geeeeenyus.

and he is a kind-hearted, level-headed butterfly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
Donald wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

Yup... you are officially a shit-sandwich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
I just don't get it.

Clearly. When your posts are full of over generalizations, labels and conflated rhetorical talking points, you definitely won't "get it".

A) Bill Clinton isn't running for President. Trump is.

B) The term "liberals" is really quite useless since there is really no meaningful consensus on what the term means. Moreover, those who claim to support Hillary Clinton and to oppose Trump are very far from homogenous in their political views.

C) Sex is consensual. What Trump described was predatory and assaultive behavior that he appeared to have engaged in without apology or remorse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
knucklesamwich wrote:

Yeah we already have plenty of "I'm not a conservative" liars like you around here. I'll believe you think both parties are garbage right after you make a few posts criticizing the Republicans, until then, I think you are full of shit.

Incoming posts criticizing Republicans for:

1) Not being "Conservative enough"
2) Not sticking to their "Conservative values"
3) Not having any principles, either (Conservative ones, that is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
I wasn't aware that there was audio evidence of Bill Clinton admitting he sexually assaulted women.
What I was going to say.

The difference is one is an accusation that has not been admitted to, the other was an unprompted admission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
cbazler wrote:
What I was going to say.

The difference is one is an accusation that has not been admitted to, the other was an unprompted admission.

He paid a 850,000 settlement to Paula Jones, pretty much an admission, I doubt he would pay that to a false accuser. Also, he was disbarred for lying under oath about sticking a cigar in Monica Lewinsky and getting a blow job from the young intern which he admitted and apologized publicly for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.