Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anybody interested in either observing or participating, Mark James and I will be playing a learning scenario of Axis Empires: Dai Senso! at That Game Place on Saturday Oct 15.

We have both played some TK! in the past and want to get to the point where we can play campaign games of both DS! and TK!

I'll be arriving at 10-ish to set up, and Mark will be making it at around 11:30 at which point we'll start the 4-turn learning Pearl Harbor invasion scenario.

No need to respond ... feel free to just drop in and see what's happening. Of course if you want to join in, it would help to give a quick scan of some of the rules just to get an idea of what game mechanics exist. There would be no expectation of going through the rules proper as they are fairly lengthy (though well-written and supported by good examples).

You can also monitor our club's activities through our guild, Central PA Wargamers, especially if you would like to make a future event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I wish I could be there. Sounds like fun!!

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too man, I haven't gotten a full game of TK in for a decade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a new year's resolution ... play more Axis Empires. I think part of it is expectations. I'm okay just playing scenarios. Last time I had the series on the table was TK! for the Western Crusade. With that opponent, we got through the 3 learning scenarios and were playing this one with more focus on the board than the rules.

The other part is that there's so many strategic level WWII games and the pursuit for the elusive best one, and limited time for a game that takes up a fair amount of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Just an update. Tom and I have played a few learning games, now on to something larger. Then, eventually, the whole shebang for AE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.