Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Hammer of the Scots» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henk Rolleman
Netherlands
Eemdijk
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I played for the first time Hammer of the Scots and I have some questions?

Do the Scots recieved RP if an scottisch area is nutral for example
when Lothian or Fife has no units during the wintering do they recieve Replacement Points?

Edward I cannot spend two consecutive winters in Scotland.
Does he go to the English Draw Pool? I was not sure about this.
(rule 7.4)

Battle Reinforcements (5.33)
Blocks moved by Player 2 to reinforce a battle started by Player 1 are Reserves. EXAMPLE: The English player attacks
Buchan from Angus with 4 blocks. The Scots player has 2 blocks defending Buchan, and now moves 3 blocks from Moray to
Buchan. The first round of combat involves only the 4 Angus and 2 original Buchan blocks. The Moray blocks are Reserves.

In the above example does player 2 use his move card for it or not?

If you retreat or regroup with you army what is the maximum move you can make? Is the move value on the block the maximum move?
Example: Grant retreat from five to Mar. Is this allow? Ore may he pass only one border?

It's a beautiful game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
henk.rolleman wrote:
Do the Scots recieved RP if an scottisch area is nutral for example
when Lothian or Fife has no units during the wintering do they recieve Replacement Points?


No, you only get RP in friendly areas. Part of a good Scottish strategy (and to a lesser extent of a good English strategy) is spreading out at the end of the year to maximize RP gains.

Quote:
Edward I cannot spend two consecutive winters in Scotland.
Does he go to the English Draw Pool? I was not sure about this.
(rule 7.4)


If Edward does not winter in Scotland, he goes to the draw pool like all of his archers and knights. His reentry into the game is always random.

Quote:
Battle Reinforcements (5.33)
Blocks moved by Player 2 to reinforce a battle started by Player 1 are Reserves. EXAMPLE: The English player attacks
Buchan from Angus with 4 blocks. The Scots player has 2 blocks defending Buchan, and now moves 3 blocks from Moray to
Buchan. The first round of combat involves only the 4 Angus and 2 original Buchan blocks. The Moray blocks are Reserves.

In the above example does player 2 use his move card for it or not?


Yes. You cannot move blocks without a move card (or the sea move event) in HotS. There are no rules for reinforcing adjacent battles out of turn like in some other block games.

Quote:
If you retreat or regroup with you army what is the maximum move you can make? Is the move value on the block the maximum move?
Example: Grant retreat from five to Mar. Is this allow? Ore may he pass only one border?


Retreating is possible only into adjacent areas.

Quote:
It's a beautiful game!


It sure is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henk Rolleman
Netherlands
Eemdijk
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for you clear answers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george seary
United States
endwell
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One small exception to Niko's answer regarding retreats only possible to adjacent areas:
The Norse can retreat to ANY FRIENDLY area in Scotland.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.