$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Awkward - My copy came missing ALL cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I hope I'm not the only one who's received a copy of this with all the cubes AWOL. As I wrote the support email I kind of cringed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you hope to not be the only one? You like other people to suffer?

My copy came with all components, but the "insert" was totally crushed, torn apart, by the weight of the components. The cubes are really heavy.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
? /s Yes, spot on, my only concern was that I want other people to suffer... /s

Or, one random person claiming that they're missing 403 relatively expensive cubes (+ Shipping) can sound fishy. Numerous reports signals the publisher that it may be a legitimate request. I've done a bunch boardgame geek searches and google searches and haven't found a mention of this.


And, ya, my insert couldn't handle the weight of the packs of cards bouncing around. It's pretty banged up.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
How cynical are you? I mean, I think I'm a bit jaded... but wowzers!

I'm sure the publisher will be concerned that a customer received an incomplete product. Their first thought will not be that you are lying in an attempt to cheat them out of a set of plastic cubes.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
If components are missing then contact the shop you bought the game from and they should help you. Otherwise contact the publishers customer service and they will help you. If a bag of components wasn't packed with a game it will be an spare bag at the factory waiting for you.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
How cynical are you? I mean, I think I'm a bit jaded... but wowzers!

I'm sure the publisher will be concerned that a customer received an incomplete product. Their first thought will not be that you are lying in an attempt to cheat them out of a set of plastic cubes.


You haven't dealt with Wizkids, I take it?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebb Carrier
United States
Georgetown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
JonBen wrote:
How cynical are you? I mean, I think I'm a bit jaded... but wowzers!

I'm sure the publisher will be concerned that a customer received an incomplete product. Their first thought will not be that you are lying in an attempt to cheat them out of a set of plastic cubes.


You haven't dealt with Wizkids, I take it?


Good Lord that is so true! They are absolutely terrible. Mage Knight had a tile missing and I hadn't saved the receipt and they acted like I was a criminal. If that were the case I would have tried for more than just one missing tile.

That said I don't think you'll have any trouble getting replacement cubes.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Does stronghold typically respond to their support requests or just mail them out? I emailed about a week ago and have had no response.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
Does stronghold typically respond to their support requests or just mail them out? I emailed about a week ago and have had no response.


There is a phone number for them here:
http://strongholdgames.com/contact-us/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.