Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chase
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just because more interaction is more fun?

How would it be with two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least 3 is a must as teamups help having a runaway player. Sweet spot is 4 IMO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's not just a quantitative difference in interaction, but a qualitative difference.

With two I think the game could be played, but it would be missing a lot of pieces. With two a lot of the negotiations are zero-sum - anything I do to help you hurts me. The only time we would help each other - by direct help in combat, boosting or weakening monster, or playing one-shot boosts - is when one of us messes up and offers the other more than the help is actually worth. With three players I might help you because our real competition is the other player. Or I might help you because if I don't the third player will, and then they'd get a reward and I'd be the one left out this turn.

So the third player doesn't just add more of the same kinds of fun, but new kinds of fun as well.

If two people are really in the mood for Munchkin or if they really want to try out a new set I'm pretty sure it will work and you will have fun. But it won't be the full experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew hit the nail on the head. There are variants and stuff for 2 players, but no one here suggests 2 players. It not only takes away important aspects of the game, it more importantly it just isn't fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.