$30.00
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another handful of questions popped up today that I'm hoping the community can help with.

1) As an example, does an arrival effect count as an ability which would prevent it from getting the +1 bonus from Midori when Midori is leveled up to the middle tier?

2) Do long range attackers have to attack the squad leader? And is long range considered targeting (highly doubt it)?

3) Does the tower hit long range attackers (I believe it does)?

4) Can you use all level abilities when a hero is max level or are you limited to only the ability your current level is at?

Thanks for your help, and I hope this helps people who may have the same questions.

Has anyone heard if an FAQ is in the works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imtylerdurden wrote:
Another handful of questions popped up today that I'm hoping the community can help with.

1) As an example, does an arrival effect count as an ability which would prevent it from getting the +1 bonus from Midori when Midori is leveled up to the middle tier?

Yes. Any non-flavor text in the abilities area of the card counts as an ability. "Unit type" (such as Cute Animal, Illusion, Soldier, etc) does not count as an ability.

Quote:
2) Do long range attackers have to attack the squad leader? And is long range considered targeting (highly doubt it)?

Yes to the first, no to the second. All targeting effects have targeting icons.

Quote:
3) Does the tower hit long range attackers (I believe it does)?

Yes

Quote:
4) Can you use all level abilities when a hero is max level or are you limited to only the ability your current level is at?

You can use all abilities of your current level and the levels below!

I know they're working on some ruling documents, but there's a spreadsheet of rulings up at sirlin.net/rules that has a lot of stuff in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Any non-flavor (italic text) or non-explainatory (illusions) text prevent to get the bonus.

2) Yes. No. Long-range is just that if you attack a non-long-range unit, you don't get combat damaged by it. It is nothing more.

3) Yes. Basically the tower deala an extra damage to anything that cross the border.

4) All of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That changes...everything! Thanks for the help. Being able to use all of a heroes abilities makes them far more useful. And being able to attack anyone with long range would've radically changed my last game's outcome. Good to know. Thank you again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another quick question- can long range attack non-patrolling units or buildings even if there are patrollers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imtylerdurden wrote:
Another quick question- can long range attack non-patrolling units or buildings even if there are patrollers?

Nope. Long Range follows the normal rules for patrol zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ClanNatioy wrote:
imtylerdurden wrote:

Nope. Long Range follows the normal rules for patrol zones.

My bad. I misread their answer. For some reason, I thought they were saying long range could avoid squad leader. It all makes sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.