Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
[I haven't played the game yet, just read the rules.]

The cooperative and solo games are races, where you try to deplete the damage tokens in one (solo) or all (co-op) parts of the body before the immune deck is depleted. But cards in the immune system deck are not drawn in phase 1, and phase 1 lasts until the barrier decks are depleted.

So it would seem to me that the best strategy would be to play no pathogens at all at first, to make sure the barriers aren't broken, and to first buy all the good cards from the active gene pool. Only then, after you have improved your deck as much as possible, should you start playing pathogens and fighting the immune system.

Playing this way seems like it would be pretty boring; it's a race where you start running, but your opponent doesn't start running until you say "go".

Is there something I'm missing in the rules that invalidates this strategy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cunningham
United States
LENEXA
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
We are adding a rule to the rule book to state that at the end of round 3 if no barriers were broken that round and the immune system is dormant, that 1 immune card is discarded. Immune cards will be discarded this way each round that these conditions exist.

This will force players to begin attacking the body.

Let us know if you have any further thoughts!
Loren
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.