Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Fury of Dracula - Back in Stock at CSI - $50.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Spreckels
United States
Hayward
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Just a heads up for anyone looking for a copy, I apologize in advance if this has already been posted

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/137319
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not going for this deal personally (just have been spending too much $$ lately... ) but just wanted to compliment your avatar! Loved me some Groo back in the day!










What did he mean slow of mind?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also been available from Miniature Market for a while at that same price ($50.99).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great tip! I've been waiting to get my CSI cart to the free shipping mark and this does the trick!!! I am Sooooo glad that your made me aware that it is available again... I thought that I had my account set to email me when it came back. Keep em coming!!!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Restocks are not hot deals.


In this instance, given the FFG and GW situation, this seems pretty hot!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Restocks are not hot deals.


In this instance, given the FFG and GW situation, this seems pretty hot!


but it's not.. read the hot deals rules.


It's not your place to police. Let the mods deal with it if they want to. This hardly seems like something you should be concerned about.
20 
 Thumb up
0.03
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And:

1. Has a price.
2. Has a location to purchase.
3. Has a descriptive title.
4. Is a board game.

Those are the 4 criteria for a hot deal. There is no definition of how much a hot deal should cost. Given the price FFG/GW games are starting to go for, this seems like a hot price. Though that isn't necessary by the criteria.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W
United States
Milwaukee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a hot deal to me!

Price is slowly creeping over MSRP on sites like Amazon and eBay so for a few bucks under MSRP I'm game.

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I was able to add this to the collection in time for Halloween!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


I'm sure the mods have had and will have no problems policing the rules of this forum without your "help."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
[q="Ihwarrior"]Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


Agreed, MSRP isn't a great deal. But since this thread has officially devolved to be all about minor technicalities, I will point out that $50.99 is not MSRP for Fury of Dracula.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


Price is not the sole factor in what makes something a hot deal. Supply clearly is another factor, especially when dealing with limited/collector's editions for example, or in this case a regular item with a finite supply.

Additionally, MSRP should not be the decisive factor as to whether whether something is a "hot deal" when MSRP is no longer the ceiling for pricing on said item.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Inception: 01/08/16
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.
A ruling would be helpful. Personally, I suspect you're wrong: I think most people accept that supply is just as important as price in defining a hot deal. There's an easy way to find out I guess:

Poll
Can a game sold at or above the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ever constitute a hot deal?
Yes, a game sold at or above MSRP qualifies as a Hot Deal if it is in limited supply, out of print, or will be discontinued in the forseeable future.
No, a game does not qualify as a Hot Deal if the price is equal to or above MSRP
      104 answers
Poll created by cunning stunt
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Soper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$50.99 is below MSRP. Besides ebay has Fury of Dracula "Trending at $74.98". Instead of complaining or arguing semantics, just ignore it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


I'd disagree. If an out of print title is restocked, hot deal.

As an aside, since I have been personally involved in this argument before, Octavian (admin) has requested that users just hit the red X button instead of policing the forums themselves. In this way we can avoid arguments and allow the admins to properly enforce the rules.

Jorune
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


I'd disagree. If an out of print title is restocked, hot deal.

As an aside, since I have been personally involved in this argument before, Octavian (admin) has requested that users just hit the red X button instead of policing the forums themselves. In this way we can avoid arguments and allow the admins to properly enforce the rules.

Jorune


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Jorune wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


I'd disagree. If an out of print title is restocked, hot deal.

As an aside, since I have been personally involved in this argument before, Octavian (admin) has requested that users just hit the red X button instead of policing the forums themselves. In this way we can avoid arguments and allow the admins to properly enforce the rules.

Jorune


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Removed all your posts and then still chimed in again? Wow... just let it go already.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Jorune wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


I'd disagree. If an out of print title is restocked, hot deal.

As an aside, since I have been personally involved in this argument before, Octavian (admin) has requested that users just hit the red X button instead of policing the forums themselves. In this way we can avoid arguments and allow the admins to properly enforce the rules.

Jorune


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


But considering it takes around 4 months to print a game and bring it to market it is highly unlikely they will print more.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Jorune wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Ihwarrior wrote:
No complaint that has ever been made against this type of hot deal posting has been able to show where a products availability would prohibit the posting. While there are some points listed in the guidelines that do define what a hot deal is not, stock status is never mentioned. If it is a prohibiting factor, no link has ever been made to it that I am aware of. I chalk it up to pet peeves....


Maybe the bgg mods should update the rules to end the debate once and for all.. Either restocks are a hot deal or not. Most will agree MSRP is not a good deal.


I'd disagree. If an out of print title is restocked, hot deal.

As an aside, since I have been personally involved in this argument before, Octavian (admin) has requested that users just hit the red X button instead of policing the forums themselves. In this way we can avoid arguments and allow the admins to properly enforce the rules.

Jorune


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Out of print and holding a license are two different things.

Games Workshop owns the Fury of Dracula IP. That said, they allowed it to go out of print for over a decade. Just because they *could* have printed more of that 1st edition, doesn't mean they did. Because they didn't, it was considered out-of-print until FFG acquired the license and came out with a 2nd edition.

GW owns Chainsaw Warrior. Is it considered out of print? Yes, because they haven't printed more copies in I think 2 decades. They could, they just don't.

Since FFG has pulled all GW items that aren't currently in the shipping phase on their upcoming page, it stands to reason they have ceased printing Fury of Dracula. It is now out of print.

Jorune
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Removed all your posts and then still chimed in again? Wow... just let it go already.[/q]

Sorry i only report the facts.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Removed all your posts and then still chimed in again? Wow... just let it go already.

Sorry i only report the facts.


I'm pretty sure "Restocks are not hot deals" is an opinion.
From the looks of it, it's just not a very popular one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Removed all your posts and then still chimed in again? Wow... just let it go already.


Sorry i only report the facts. [/q]

Except your facts are wrong. The game is out of print. It's not out of stock. Out of Print does not equal Out of Stock.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Removed all your posts and then still chimed in again? Wow... just let it go already.


Sorry i only report the facts.


I see. So you aren't willing to be wrong and admit it? Just erase it like it never happened?

You should also fix your quotes. YOU said...
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Legend5555 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Removed all your posts and then still chimed in again? Wow... just let it go already.


Sorry i only report the facts.


I see. So you aren't willing to be wrong and admit it? Just erase it like it never happened?

You should also fix your quotes. YOU said...
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Fact: Game is currently not OOP, FFG lost the license. FACT it is in stock in multiple places. FACT: it will be out of print eventually once they run out of stock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Legend5555 wrote:


This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Removed all your posts and then still chimed in again? Wow... just let it go already.


Sorry i only report the facts.


I see. So you aren't willing to be wrong and admit it? Just erase it like it never happened?

You should also fix your quotes. YOU said...
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
This game isn't out of Print though.. FFG holds the license till the end of the year.


Fact: Game is currently not OOP, FFG lost the license. FACT it is in stock in multiple places. FACT: it will be out of print eventually once they run out of stock.



FACT: since you missed my post ----


"Out of Print" and "Out of Stock" mean two different things.



Edit: Removed all caps, because why should I give him what he wants?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.