Subject: Blessing ability of the cleric rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

it's the friendly alien from your neighbourhood again.

What if my opponent has a champion with guard 6 in play and he used the blessing ability of the cleric last turn.

Now it's my turn and my opponent has 1 health left, my combat pool has a value of 7.

It would be 6 combat required to overcome to guard value of my opponents champion, could I...

a) defeat my opponent with my last combat point because I overcame the whole guard value of his last champion although the champion isn't stunned

b) don't defeat my opponent and stun his last champion first because he still has a champion with guard in play although the value is 0 but the champion still has an additional regular defense value of 1 due to the blessing

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Hello,

it's the friendly alien from your neighbourhood again.

What if my opponent has a champion with guard 6 in play and he used the blessing ability of the cleric last turn.

Now it's my turn and my opponent has 1 health left, my combat pool has a value of 7.

It would be 6 combat required to overcome to guard value of my opponents champion, could I...

a) defeat my opponent with my last combat point because I overcame the whole guard value of his last champion although the champion isn't stunned

b) don't defeat my opponent and stun his last champion first because he still has a champion with guard in play although the value is 0 but the champion still has an additional regular defense value of 1 due to the blessing

Thank you

I don't believe blessing changes the guard status of the champion. What I mean is if a guard gets blessing it doesn't become a 6 guard 1 non guard champion. It just becomes a 7 guard champion. It would act just like any 7 guard champion it would take 7 attack and be stunned and go to the discard. You would not be able to deal the 1 attack to your opponent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is probably true.
They probably wrote it this way on the card to save space.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

I can't wait to get my copy in less than 24 hours in Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:

Lucky! I'm a ks backer so still waiting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Defense points aren't allocated to guard and not guard. In the case of a guard champion, it doesn't matter how much defense it's got, you have to stun the champion to get through to the player. It's not about the defense value, it's about the guard status. Add 25 HP to the champion, and he's still a guard you have to get through. Only, it's a huge guard this time around.

The blessing card adds +1 to each champion, and since the normal colour for defense value is grey, WWG used the gray colour on this to make it more readable. The black colour used on guards is by no means a value to be treated differently. It serves no function but to remind you visually that this card is a guard and needs to be dealt with first.

So don't be fooled by it. You need to spend 7 to remove the champion, and therefore do not win on this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
Roger the Alien wrote:

Lucky! I'm a ks backer so still waiting

Me too but I have chosen the Essen pickup option.
I already put a pen into my bag and I hope Rob will sign my copy.

I am pretty curious to know the abilities of the fighter as we already know the abilities of the other classes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Defense points aren't allocated to guard and not guard. In the case of a guard champion, it doesn't matter how much defense it's got, you have to stun the champion to get through to the player. It's not about the defense value, it's about the guard status. Add 25 HP to the champion, and he's still a guard you have to get through. Only, it's a huge guard this time around.

The blessing card adds +1 to each champion, and since the normal colour for defense value is grey, WWG used the gray colour on this to make it more readable. The black colour used on guards is by no means a value to be treated differently. It serves no function but to remind you visually that this card is a guard and needs to be dealt with first.

So don't be fooled by it. You need to spend 7 to remove the champion, and therefore do not win on this turn.

Thank you for the answer, I assumed this would be the case but I still had a very little bit doubt.

Thank you for the answers and convincing me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Davis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
If I remember correctly, the back of the Blessing card describes exactly how the +1 defense works. It is +1 defense, for you guard or nonguard. Either way, extra point of defense.

- Nathan Davis
Editor, Hero Realms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NathanWWG wrote:
If I remember correctly, the back of the Blessing card describes exactly how the +1 defense works. It is +1 defense, for you guard or nonguard. Either way, extra point of defense.

- Nathan Davis
Editor, Hero Realms

Mh, that's a very wise use of the back of a card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwager
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
NathanWWG wrote:

- Nathan Davis
Editor, Hero Realms

+1. I have found that it is best not to over think the game mechanics. In other words, if I have a guard champion of defense 4 and an ability raises the d of my champions, then that's exactly what it does... no more, no less.

Anything that's more or less would need to be explained on the card itself, or already laid out in the general rules. Otherwise keep it simple and you can't go wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.