Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the BGG "version" information, this expansion is expected to ship January of 2017. When it does ship, I would appreciate if someone could either reply to this thread, or post a new thread in the News forum.

Also, is it true that this expansion is required to play the game as a co-op? The Hero Realms base game is strictly competitive, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Also, is it true that this expansion is required to play the game as a co-op? The Hero Realms base game is strictly competitive, right?

Not strictly, no. If I recall correctly, there will be one or two Kickstarter promos that will be a Solo/Co-op bosses similar to the Nemesis Beast and Pirates of the Dark Star bosses for Star Realms. If you can find a scan of the cards (which should be uploaded soon after the first backers get them), you should be able to play with just the retail base game.

Also, the Boss decks (Dragon and Hero Realms: Boss Deck – The Lich) are one against many, so you can play coop with a group of friends as long as one person agrees to sit out and control the boss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in news about this.

And also about the solo/co-op cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
one or two Kickstarter promos that will be a Solo/Co-op bosses

Seems to be Hero Realms: Tibus, Guild Lord and a PDF Boss included with Hero Realms: Droga stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
one or two Kickstarter promos that will be a Solo/Co-op bosses

Seems to be Hero Realms: Tibus, Guild Lord and a PDF Boss included with Hero Realms: Droga stretch goal.

Don't get your hopes too high for these co-op cards, though. They're random as hell and so hard that they become uninteresting. Unless you like losing by turn 4 with nothing you can do about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
So to play Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck, I will need the Hero Realms base deck? Or I can just buy the Campaign and play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
So to play Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck, I will need the Hero Realms base deck? Or I can just buy the Campaign and play it?

You will need the base game and a character pack for each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

That will get expensive fast :\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

MSRP is $20 (base game) + $20 (campaign) + $5/player, in the US. Cheaper online. Your local prices will vary, obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
Archidelic wrote:

That's true for every WWG. The low entry point for their game is deceptive, as the expansion are very expensive and I feel like they're needed pretty fast.

That being said, these are good quality games, especially when compared to their direct competitionners (Ascension and Magic: the Gathering.)

I would advise you wait for reviews before ordering this campaign. There are plenty of other options out there that could satisfy you.

By the way, I took on Tibus (the solo challenge) with a character pack yesterday and won. Now, I was admittedly very lucky in what the opponent drew. But my starting deck, which let me heal and had guards to tank damage (and I could +1 my champions each turn, that helped).

So, if you're still considering getting Hero Realms because you want to play against the solo challenge card, get the character packs. Otherwise, forget it altogether. The base game is for PvP only. The starting decks are too weak to take on anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on availability yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Any word on availability yet?

None, nothing in the Kickstarter either.

Here's the best answer of the comment section:

Quote:
Robert Dougherty 4-time creator 7 days ago
Hey all,
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I don't like to update when I don't have concrete things to report, and we have been stuck in the "almost done" stage on the campaign for a couple of months now. Lots of little decisions to add another card here, upgrade art there and such have been the source of the delays.
I'll post a full update when files are submitted to the printer (probably in a few weeks). That way I'll be able to give a concrete estimate on when the campaign will be ready to ship. I'll include a link for a print and play of chapter 1 of the campaign with that update so you can all try it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping to backers in September, so probably November/December for retail.

White Wizards wrote:

After insane amounts of hard work from the whole White Wizard Games team, the Campaign Cards are FINALLY ready to go to the printer!!

What was originally planned to be a 55-card product with a rules sheet has grown to 150 regular sized cards, 8 oversized cards, a rulebook, and an adventure book!

I apologize that this product is going to get to you so late (my current estimate is that we will be shipping to backers in September). On the plus side, you are getting a much more awesome product then we initially planned at no extra cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mls5stokes wrote:

White Wizards wrote:

After insane amounts of hard work from the whole White Wizard Games team, the Campaign Cards are FINALLY ready to go to the printer!!

What was originally planned to be a 55-card product with a rules sheet has grown to 150 regular sized cards, 8 oversized cards, a rulebook, and an adventure book!

I apologize that this product is going to get to you so late (my current estimate is that we will be shipping to backers in September). On the plus side, you are getting a much more awesome product then we initially planned at no extra cost.

I think I broke my thumbs up button from clicking it so hard! This is great news. We enjoy playing Hero Realms in VS modes, but there are some imbalances. Playing as a team will allow the imbalances to simply be individual character strengths. Very happy to hear this is coming in 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mls5stokes wrote:

Will there be copies at Essen Spiel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joakim589 wrote:
mls5stokes wrote:

That's what I'm hoping for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yorickh wrote:
joakim589 wrote:
mls5stokes wrote:

That's what I'm hoping for!

Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is available for retailers to preorder now so ask your FLGS to order you a copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.