Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » General

Subject: Browser Based Game Tracker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi folks,

Just want to share something I've been working on recently. It's very basic at the moment but I will continue to flesh it out over the coming weeks. It allows you to persist data for heroes on a trial. It currently tracks the Hero, Wounds, Renown, Treasures, Position (player position) and whether or not that player was Runemarked.

The basis of this app is so that you can persist hero data not only after completion of a trial but also being able to resume trials that are not yet completed. You could stop a trial half way through (player has to leave, or host has to cut the game short) and set it up exactly how you left off with as little effort as possible without the need for lots of pictures or scribbled notes.

The app in its current state can be found at http://silvertower-hero-tracker.bitballoon.com/ it uses the browsers local storage for the persistence and currently just tracks a single trial. I intend to expand on this so you can save games based on a name/date etc. but any feedback or suggestions are most welcome.

Also, the treasures, chambers are not complete and I am lacking the skills data. I need to catalogue them all at some point to complete the data (though I see someone listed these in another thread, I'll use those, thanks!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Hathaway
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great work Steve! This is definitely a tool I'll use for my quests.

Couple of quick bits of feedback:

1. It would be good if we can attach adversaries to each chamber and describe their position.

2. Sometimes not all the hero's are in the same room when the game pauses. One way to track this is to bind the players to one of chambers... or maybe this is overkill and the workaround is to just use the Position text field?

3. Using Material Design looks really clean but I think in this instance adding a bit of theme would take it to the next level.

4. The Necromancer comes with two skeletons, do we need a way to track those guys wounds and position.

On the whole though awesome job! I'm looking forward to seeing the completed app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1 / 2 : I didn't actually consider that factor, thank you for that! I'll get that on the backlog, that would be quite handy indeed.

3 : I completely agree, sadly my expertise lie purely in the technical side of things, I have the artistic talent of a toddler haha I will see what I can do though

4 : Again, thank you. I didn't consider the Necromancer in this either!

Thanks for taking a look and giving good/quick feedback, I will keep this thread up to date when I add new stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Update guys!

I've changed it now so that it gives you a way of adding both heroes and adversaries to a chamber. The adversaries allow you to add its grid position and how many wounds it has currently taken.

There is also a little info box that describes how the mechanism has been done for determining where things are located in the chamber

UPDATE: Now allows you to track minions/companions - so Gryph Hound and Skellies for the Necromancer.

UPDATE: Now has a "Game Admin" to track Shards and Destiny Dice

http://silvertower-hero-tracker.bitballoon.com/

Would be very appreciative if people let me know how intuitive it feels. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Hathaway
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great work Steve, it's coming along great!

One suggestion would be to have the option to Edit the Heroes without removing them and re-adding them.

Also the ability to edit or delete chambers.

Not sure about other users but i found it pretty intuitive.

Thanks!

Leigh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I completely agree!

Something I am going to put in over the weekend, it is certainly a bit clumsy right now to have to re-add the hero from scratch. Ask and ye shall receive

Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.