Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It's this game too long for you? No problem! Here we have the solution!

First of all: you have to level up faster.

I recommend to use the variant for "Leveling up faster" by Thorlakur Lyngmo:

Instead of leveling up requiring 6 worth of trophy points.
Use as many trophies as the desired level is.

lvl 1 = 1 trophy points
lvl 2 = 2 trophy points
lvl 3 = 3 trophy points
etc.

Now, we have to win relics earlier. And this is THE big change...

Each player begin with three active missions instead of just one. That means that there is no limit of active missions.

The first relic is won after 2 completed missions, instead of 3. The second relic is won after 3 completed missions, and so on and so forth.

And, in addition to this, if you want players to have more control during the battles (and only during the battles), Power cards are an "additional" number to your result, instead of being a substitute for the die roll. You can spend as many Power cards as you want per battle.

If you use this last variant, it's recommended that players begin with 0 Power cards.

Movement rules are unchanged but characters are allowed to spend 1 influence in order to stay in their space, instead of rolling the die.

With this set of simple variants I assure you that your games won't last more than 90 minutes, even with 6 players.

Now... enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Þráinn Gunnlaugur Þorsteinsson
Iceland
Hafnarfjörður
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good idea! I'll definitely have to try this out! More than half the time when playing Relic my group just quits midgame to go home.

EDIT: I have one question regarding the Relics in your variant.
Quote:
Each player begin with three active missions instead of just one. That means that there is no limit of active missions.

The first relic is won after 2 completed missions, instead of 3. The second relic is won after 3 completed missions, and so on and so forth.

Does it cost 1 more completed missions for each player or collectively? Does it get more expensive for each additional then?

-Player 1 completes 2 missions, trades them in for a Relic. The next Relic he unlocks for himself will cost him 3 missions, the third cost him 4 mission cards. After player 1 has unlocked 3 Relics player 2 finally completes 2 missions and trades them in for his first Relic.

or

-Player 1 completes 2 missions and trades for a Relic. Hereafter the next player will have to complete 3 missions to get his first Relic (and so on).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
Good idea! I'll definitely have to try this out! More than half the time when playing Relic my group just quits midgame to go home.

Thanks! I hope I was helpful!

Quote:
Does it cost 1 more completed missions for each player or collectively? Does it get more expensive for each additional then?

It does cost 1 more completed mission for each player individually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Dueñas
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
By the way: if you have a 6 player game with two Nemeses, the entire thing can be a little bit too long, even with this set of rules.

In that case, I recommend you to apply this little changes:

-Each Imperial Hero begins at level 1 instead of 0 and with 4 influence instead of 3.

-Nemesis players win an additional 5 influence if ANY player is vanquished, corrupted or eliminated.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.