Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Reminder Game Aid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm putting together a reference card of rules that are easy to miss/forget - anything I've missed or got wrong, before I put it up in the files:-

Movement
Heroes only: whilst you can move before or after you perform actions, the first movement you perform must be using your free movement. Any action performed will end that free Move action and you will lose any remaining movement points.
Wallbreaker only affects wooden walls - it costs 2 extra movement points, over the base movement cost for moving to the new area.
Overlord Once a unit attacks, its base movement is used up. The Overlord can spend gems to move their units additional spaces, but only up to the value of their base movement.

Hindering
If the acting figure's allies (not including this figure being activated) aren't keeping all enemies in your space occupied, you are hindered by each excess enemy - this affects both the Heroes and the Overlord:-
• Movement: 1 extra point per hinderer
• Range Combat: -1 success per hinderer
• Complex Manipulation: -1 success per hinderer

Combat
• -2 successes if you are unarmed
• Ranged against a lower target: +1 yellow die
• Guard action rolls orange dice unless otherwise specified
• You can use one armour equipment card (unless otherwise specified, e.g. the helmet) when defending - this doesn't require a gem and adds on to any Guard action and its associated equipment (weapon or shield)
• Counterattack gives 1 red die, with no weapon bonus. This doesn't count as being unarmed (unless you actually have no weapon). Attack From Beyond also doesn't count as being unarmed.

Manipulations
Simple manipulations cost 1 and succeed
• Picking up an object
• Catching a thrown object
• Giving/taking an object (only 1 character needs to pay the cost, not both)
• Dropping an object is a free action
Complex manipulations require successes
• Throwing an object to another player in another area (encumbrance of 3 or less)
• Opening a chest (default dificulty of 2, unless otherwise specified)

Items
When you equal or exceed the encumbrance threshold listed then you lose use of the skill or movement points.
Items are used as free actions, unless they have the manipulation icon on them.

River
When a unit's last figure is killed, the tile is flipped facedown and moved to the far right end of the river
Dredging: the overlord can permanently remove 2 gems to permanently remove a facedown tile from the River.
Reinforcement: to reinforce (when an event in the scenario allows it), pay the cost to activate the event then this gives you an amount of "Reinforcement Points" with which to bring back dead units - spend these according to the cost (if it's specified) on the tiles. This does not cost additional gems, the only gem cost is the cost to activate the event tile. Note, leaders, monsters, etc that don't have a reinforcement cost on their tile can't be brought back into play.

Skills
The following skills are classed as "passive" and work if the character is in cautious stance:-

• Sacrifice: is a passive skill (no guard or parry allowed) so you can sacrifice at any time.
• Bodyguard: even if you're in cautious stance you can use it as it is a defense action. Rules stated you can only make defense actions and re-roll actions when cautious, but it's not written you can only defend yourself. So you can Guard for you or another character.
• Attack from beyond: is not an action as you're dead...you just throw
the 3 red dice an that's it.
• Counterattack: is a passive skill. It works every time.
• Support: same as counterattack always works, cautious or not.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Budala Budala
France
flag msg tools
mb
You don't have to defend (spend a gem) to use a armor equipment (other than a Shield or a Weapon)

If you take 2 damages, you can choose :

- Spend 1 gem to get 1 Orange Dice and you can add the free Yellow Dice for your leather armor
or
- Only roll the free Yellow Dice for your leather armor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budala wrote:
You don't have to defend (spend a gem) to use a armor equipment (other than a Shield or a Weapon)

If you take 2 damages, you can choose :

- Spend 1 gem to get 1 Orange Dice and you can add the free Yellow Dice for your leather armor
or
- Only roll the free Yellow Dice for your leather armor

Good clarification, thanks - added that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
I would say that you are wrong on the movement part, but I am not sure. The way I see it, you get your free movement and it is used in priority when you decide to move, but if you use some of your free movement points (let's say 1) and then do something else, the remaining free movement points are lost and you have to use gem(s) if you want to move again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
Correct Fred Henry confirmed you can perform the free move action anytime but the free points must be used at the same time or be lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
Guard action is not always an orange dice for heroes. For example: Belit and Zelata roll yellow dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the guard action - IIRC, I was going on the rule mentioned in the Overlord book that all guard dice are orange, but of course that probably only applies to the NPCs.

On the movement, I was going from the phrase "when a hero perfoms an action other than a move each turn, the hero loses all their movement points" along with it working the same as the overlord troops - they can't move if they've attacked (assuming that's correct). Also, the ability to attack then run appeared to be a bit overpowered and some other games also don't allow this. Do we have a link to this clarification, please, in case other people question this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
The Rule for heroes is :
- you can move WHEN YOU WANT.
- your first move in a turn is always performed with your "Move Points Basis".
- IF you INTERRUPT This free Move with an other action, you lose the remaining Free Move points you didn't used. You will have to pay for All others Move points.

Also overlord minions can't move if they have attacked.

This was posted by Fred Henry the game designer here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1641049/regarding-movement-...

Heroes and Overlord minions have differing movement and guard rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rockatansky Ash
msg tools
ForeverDead wrote:

They can if the overlord pay a gem for it. Right ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyramidou wrote:
ForeverDead wrote:

They can if the overlord pay a gem for it. Right ?

Correct - and it's 1 per figure moved and not 1 for the whole group, so long as the Overlord has the movement benefit on the Book Of Skelos. This seems to always be there, currently, but I'm guessing that as an option in future scenarios it could be removed/replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
ForeverDead wrote:
The Rule for heroes is :
- IF you INTERRUPT This free Move with an other action, you lose the remaining Free Move points you didn't used. You will have to pay for All others Move points.

So a Hero can attack and then move with his basic movement points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ForeverDead wrote:
The Rule for heroes is :

Thanks - I'd had a look at the French rules and got the gist of this, but whilst I can get around town and go shopping, my French doesn't quite stretch to boardgame rules, so it's good to have it clarified =8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abbath wrote:
So a Hero can attack and then move with his basic movement points?

Yes. If you attack or manipulate before moving, it's still your first move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ForeverDead wrote:

When you activate an Overlord tile, you ALWAYS have to move your troops or creature with the basis movement point BEFORE doing the attacks.

You can pay extra movement points before the attacks paying 1 gem per movement point and per miniature.

Once done, you play the attacks of each miniature. After the attacks you still can spend more gems for extra move (1 gem per movement point and per miniature).

If you have done attacks with miniatures who have not moved before the attacks, you can't use basis movement points. You can only pay extra movement points with gems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clarke
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a PDF of this info which I'll try & add to the files section.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ydt7kyqp69tkp/conan-rules-remind...

*Updated link to the current version*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveClarke wrote:
I made a PDF of this info which I'll try & add to the files section.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwpyhvgjmj055r1/conan-rules-remind...

Very nice - far prettier than I'd have done. I'll let you know if I update this further with any other points, though I think we've got most things, here.

--edit-- I've tweaked my wording above to reflect the comments in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case the edit doesn't trigger subscription updates - added some movement rules/clarifications, plus updated a manipulations one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clarke
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
In case the edit doesn't trigger subscription updates - added some movement rules/clarifications, plus updated a manipulations one.

Nice. I'll update the PDF tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clarke
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PDF has been updated & uploaded for approval. In the meantime you can get it from my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ydt7kyqp69tkp/conan-rules-remind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, new reply to trigger subscriptions: added chest opening difficulty as it's been asked about a couple of times in other threads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, (sorry if you already did the previous update) - added the skills that can be used in cautious stance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added unit death reminder, plus reinforcement overview (this seems to be causing quite a bit on confusion in other threads).
Corrected "it's" error in Movement, ref the comment on the file (I hang my head in shame for this)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clarke
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
Added unit death reminder, plus reinforcement overview (this seems to be causing quite a bit on confusion in other threads).
Corrected "it's" error in Movement, ref the comment on the file (I hang my head in shame for this)

Cool. I'll update soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure overlord units are also effected by hindrance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izzy Marsh
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK Dredging the river is NOT an 'activation' and does not go towards the two activation tile limit - it can be done simply 'during the overlords turn' i.e. at any time. This action does not follow any of the activation instructions so it may be valuable to point out this distinction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.