Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
The question arises from "Also, you may not place Traders (my bold) on adjacent red or blue routes if you have been displaced on a white route"

As the word Traders is used rather than Resources, we've been allowing Merchants (only) to be displaced into Wales, but this doesn't feel right. The German rules don't help as they also specifically use Haendler (Traders) as opposed to Haendlersteine (Resources)

The next sentence "Being displaced in Wales, you may place your traders on adjacent red and white routes...." would seem to imply that the word should be resources, but other than in this paragraph, the distinction is consistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would argue that if merchants had the unusual ability to go to Whales or Scotland when displaced in England, it would have said so. It would appear that in this instance, traders is a generic word for any player piece. So I would say no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Tobias
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the amazingly quick reply.

When I first read the rule, I relied on the specific use of "Trader", but the more I think about it, the more I agree with your interpretation. In the absence of a definitive ruling, I'll go with traders = resources in this instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.