8 Posts

Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Crazier Eights: Camelot Kickstarter Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Gray
msg tools
designer
The first player to have zero cards in hand wins. Crazier Eights: Camelot is similar to Crazy Eights or Uno in some ways, but each of the 53 cards can be played for a unique effect.

There are many characters and other elements from the King Arthur stories, such as Merlin the Magician, Sir Lancelot, Morgan le Fay, and the Holy Grail.

Go here to take a look.

There are six reviews so far. You can see one of the below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gray
msg tools
designer
Add-ons

The Crazier Eights: Camelot Kickstarter campaign now has an option to get add-ons. This makes it possible to get both the jumbo cards & regular version. Go here for more information.

Reviews

I added more reviews, but here is the complete list so far:

Review by the Kwarenteen

(Video) "It's outstanding, I cannot recommend this game enough." He also tested out two expansions (Valley of the Nile and Eternity.) He recommends Valley of the Nile, but not Eternity. See it here.

Review by Fairway 3 Games

(Text) “Camelot definitely takes the Crazy Eights game and makes it crazier. The nicely integrated art is welcome. And by introducing Fluxx-like rules changes and new sets of powers and effects, Crazier Eights will definitely appeal to fans of Fluxx-like games and to those who enjoy Crazy Eights but want some more strategy.” See it here.

Review by I Teach Her, She Wins

(Video) "Great game, it can be as simple as you want it, as complicated as you want it, changes with time like a good red wine." See it here.

Brætspil: anmeldelse på dansk (Danish)

(Video) Brætspil: anmeldelse på dansk & Her er en video, der gennemgår spillet på dansk!

Critique par Inod (French)

(Text) Critique de Crazier Eights: Camelot par Inod.

Review by Benjamin David

(Video) "Crazier Eights is a simple little card game. I can see it working best with those new to gaming or perhaps middle schoolers as it's obviously better than round after round of Uno." See it here.

Review by Two Gun Pixie

(Text) "I think where this game really comes to life is in the effects of playing Event and Asset cards. Not only can they shake up the game but because they can be destroyed or stolen another level of strategy emerges to help you win the game." They also reviewed the Valley of the Nile and Eternity expansions, and liked them. See it here.

See their live play video here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gray
msg tools
designer

Social Stretch Goals

Social Stretch Goals are a way to offer rewards for helping promote or becoming more active with the Kickstarter campaign.

This is the first Social Stretch goal and more could be added once it's achieved/unlocked. Around thirty people have already joined the Crazier Eights Facebook Group. It's a good way to keep updated and give your feedback. Go here to join the group.

Review by One Board Family

See the full review here.

Crazier Eights Events

I added two more events for Crazier Eights: Camelot for those who want to try it out:
Quote:

Channel Fireball @ November 5th, 11:00 am. (1650 Coleman Ave Santa Clara, CA 95050).

Legends Comics & Games (Capitola) @ November 4th, 5:00 pm (1855 41st Ave Ste F12 Capitola, CA 95010).

Go here for more information and a complete list of events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gray
msg tools
designer
New Reward: You Make The Card

I can also offer advice about the card. For example, I advise that it be a four color card. If you have ideas, I can help brainstorm how to make your idea into a functional card. If you have any questions, let me know.

A new optional way to play

Crazier Eights is a good game for developing house rules, or alternate ways to play. The newest idea I came up with hasn’t been highly tested and I think it will work better for Crazier Eights: Camelot and other newer versions.

Instead of playing up to one card for the effect and discarding up to one card during your turn:

Quote:
Players each play two cards for an effect from his or her hand during his or her turn.

You only discard when a card says you may. All other rules are the same.

Three new reviews!

Dad Mostly Loses

James Freeman from Dad Mostly Loses reviewed Crazier Eights: Camelot. Both Freeman and his son liked the game and he said he will bring the game with him when going to some places. Check out the review here.

Go Fatherhood

Dave Taylor of Go Fatherhood reviewed the game. Go here to take a look.

Andrew Smith

Andrew Smith posted a review of Crazier Eights: Camelot on The Family Gamers including some of the cards from expansions. You can see it here.

More Events

Try the game @ the Hotel Durant @ November 3, 6:00 pm. Games of Berkeley helps host an gaming event at Henry’s/the Hotel Durant. I will be there a little early, starting at 6:00 pm. (Address: 2600 Durant Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704).

Try the game @ the Comic Collector shop @ October 29, 12:00 noon (574 East El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gray
msg tools
designer
Undead Viking's Paid Review

King Arthur Timeline

I studied some information about the King Arthur stories, such as when various characters were introduced. Merlin was introduced quite early on, but Camelot was not mentioned as King Arthur's court until hundreds of years later. I made an infographic to show off some of the details. Go here to take a look.

Banner Advertising

I am trying to do banner advertising on Board Game Geek with very limited success. The click through rates were high for some banners, but it's not leading to much support here as far as I can tell. I tried to learn more about banner advertising and improve them, but I haven't seen much activity here from it yet. Go here for more information. You can see an example of a banner ad below.

Events

I have been having demo events in some stores to show people Crazier Eights: Camelot and give everyone a chance to play it. These events range from Monterey to Berkeley. There are still more to come this weekend through November the 9th.

Pending approval: November 9 @ Game Kastle (Santa Clara) @ 5:00 pm

Game Kastle @ 5:00 pm. (1350 Coleman Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050).

November 5 @ Epic Adventure Games (Scotts Valley) @ 2:00 pm

Epic Adventure Games @ 2:00 pm. (King’s Village Shopping Center. 222 Mt. Hermon Rd. Ste. A Scotts Valley, CA 95066).

November 5 @ Channel Fireball (Santa Clara) @ 11:00 am

Channel Fireball @ 11:00 am. (1650 Coleman Ave Santa Clara, CA 95050).

November 4 @ Legends Comics & Games (Capitola) @ 5:00 pm

Legends Comics & Games (Capitola) @ 5:00 pm (1855 41st Ave Ste F12 Capitola, CA 95010).

November 3 @ Hotel Durant (Berkeley) @ 6:00 pm

Games of Berkeley helps host an gaming event at Henry’s/the Hotel Durant. I will be there a little early, starting at 6:00 pm. (Address: 2600 Durant Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704).

October 29 @ Comic Collector Shop (Sunnyvale) @ 12:00 noon

Comic Collector shop @ 12:00 noon (574 East El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087).

Go here for up to date event information.

More to come

We are working on a better video of a play through, which can help people better understand how to play the game. I am also waiting for four more reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gray
msg tools
designer
High quality play through video

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gray
msg tools
designer
Final week!

New Prize

Two jumbo copies of the game in a high quality package.

Reviews

Review by Board Games & Bourbon

"Is the game something you want? You have to ask yourself how much time do you want to spend on a game... If you want something where you're spending more time deliberating what to do, this might be for you." Go here to see the review video on youtube!

Review by Throat Punch Games

"I like its simple nature, the rules work well, and the art and theme tie things together. It’s not perfect, but the flaws are few and far between. I think the fluxx comparison is a good one. It doesn’t have the humor of Fluxx, but the serious art drives home the theme and keeps me in the game." He gave the game a 92% overall! Go here to check out the full review, he talks about a lot of different elements of the game.

Go to the Crazier Eights: Camelot kickstarter here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Gray
msg tools
designer
Fewer than three days left!

This Thursday is the final day. More funding is needed, but I am advertising and doing what I can to try to make this a success. You can help more as well, such as by using add-ons. I am also adding a new add-on option, seen below.

New Add-on

You can now get the original Crazier Eights game as an add-on. All the add-on options can be seen below:

About Add-ons

Add-ons are bonus rewards beyond what is offered for the basic reward options.

Buyers outside the USA have to get a reward of the regular version (original or Camelot) to use the add on for the regular version, and the reward for the jumbo version to get the add on for the jumbo version.

Buyers in the USA can use any add ons they want.

You can get add ons to get a total of 10 copies of the regular version of Camelot, 10 copies of the original version of Crazier Eights, and 10 copies of the Jumbo version. You can't get more than 10 copies of any item for your total reward

New Reviews

Review by Mark Meredith

Mark tells us, "Where the game really shines is that once you have multiple assets out on the table, keeping an eye on all of the ongoing effects changes the game dramatically. It feels a bit like Fluxx at this point, where with every card you play, you have to keep an eye out on the table for everyone else’s abilities." Go here to see his full review. Go here to see his full review.

Review by Timothy Mattes

Timothy tells us, "Any person that loves the OG card games and is looking for a fresh look at a fantastic classic please, look at Crazier Eights. I personally am excited that this game was created and presented to the industry and I feel that the industry as a whole will be remiss to overlook this title." Go here to see his full review.

Go here to check out the Kickstarter campaign for Crazier Eights: Camelot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.