Netherlands
Pijnacker
South Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion announced!

Source:

Quote:
thegamewire Portal Games is releasing plenty of new games in 2017! We wanted to help them announce a bunch of games with them while they're at Essen!
Cry Havoc: Aftermath is the expands on the critically acclaimed Cry Havoc with new skills and structures to add even more re-playability to the game. Each faction receives 5 new skills and three new structures which nearly doubles the number of unique abilities in the game. Additionally, this expansion introduces an alternate game mode which ensures each game lasts for 5 full rounds. When passing an event token, instead of removing it, new scoring abilities are introduced which allow players even more opportunity to gain victory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!

I am hoping for more inside the box, such as new map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Paul
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No new factions? This would be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Nice name, did i inspire that by any chance? would be great (variant thread here)

In any case, a new faction would be amazing, as well as, like we discussed in the variant thread, a way to use Trogs in 2-3p games.

Great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cry Havoc: Aftermath

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, I like the idea of other games modes. I think the races are already pretty diverse though and wish they would put more time into developing other races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh It sounds terrific! Any word on price? Although it doesn't seem like what is described would fill up a small box, even with a big insert. So we can hope there will be even more by the time its produced.

All of the suggestions posted above are great, and I'd think will appear in further expansions eventually. Congratulations to Grant and Portal Games.

I would like to see more and different cards, with a provision for getting more faster, as I can never keep enough in my hand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Awesome, I like the idea of other games modes. I think the races are already pretty diverse though and wish they would put more time into developing other races.

Who says we aren't?

Cry Havoc is a big game and we want to support it for a long time. If you notice from Portal's games like Imperial Settlers, sometimes smaller content works, sometimes bigger content. If we are successful with the base game and expansions, trust us, we're going to keep working on cool stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

Who says we aren't?

Cry Havoc is a big game and we want to support it for a long time. If you notice from Portal's games like Imperial Settlers, sometimes smaller content works, sometimes bigger content. If we are successful with the base game and expansions, trust us, we're going to keep working on cool stuff.

Hurrah! Good luck Grant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

Who says we aren't?

Boom, headshot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellen Feral
United States
Los Angeles - Mar Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
One Eternal Round
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I the only one confused by an announcement like this for a game that's allow about asymmetrical balance? The game has been out for ~3 months and cards have been nerfed, and we are already looking at an expansion to add more content for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lanfearl wrote:
Am I the only one confused by an announcement like this for a game that's allow about asymmetrical balance? The game has been out for ~3 months and cards have been nerfed, and we are already looking at an expansion to add more content for it?

I was shocked when I read about this. It does feel a little soon, considering it sounds like people are still struggling to find copies of the man game.

Chaos in the Old World had one expansion but, it gave each god a completely new set of spells.

Cthulhu Wars has a van's worth of expansions.

It is doable but, I wonder if the new building will be in addition to the currents ones or if they are going to be swapped out some how.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lanfearl wrote:

Howdy. We've been working on it for a bit already, and it's not finished at all. The announcement didn't come with a date.

Don't worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewert Bellingan
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

Who says we aren't?

...and what about some different unit types, like the vehicle on the box cover? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool My players say that if they do a new board, it should be for 5-6 Player games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
cool My players say that if they do a new board, it should be for 5-6 Player games!

This is probably not super likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Imho, one of the really strong point of Cry Havoc, in its current form, is how playable it is at the 2-3-4 player format. In my experience i've not played many other strategic board games with that wide flexibility, most have an optimal number of players. I think they managed to grasp something rare in game design, and i just hope it is not lost when playing with the expansion.

Given their record with the first box, i am optimistic. The only thing that made me slightly nervous is that the expansion would bring in more skills. Given how hard it is to balance asymetrical games, the more skills added, the more combinations are possible and the crazier it can be for balance, so while the replayability grows the balance can suffer. Skill draw is one of the few uncontrollable random factor of the game, and they can already alter balance as we've seen with Scouting, so i think it's normal to fear that more skills might bring up "better" or "worse" combos.

Personally, i hope for a completely new race and the possibility to play Trogs at 2-3p. Maybe one extra structure or unit for each race, but not too much so the balance isn't affected. The last thing i'd want is an expansion that is left in its box because while it brings more stuff to the experience, it doesn't improve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
soory for the blurry pics.
new buildings

such an amazing great game! instabuy. where can i sign in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damjan Makuc
Slovenia
Idrija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! However, I'm still waiting for base game to hit our local stores

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the photos! Does the Trog Mine have an activation cost? Does the Machine Transporter have an activation cost of one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
No activation on mine
Transporter has activation 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Will I wait until publication, or just throw them into the base game? Hmmm...

The new box cover looks like it might be a version of one of the new card illustrations like the Transporter or the Armored Shuttle, although not exactly the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These cards can still change. They are made as likely examples. Don't put them in your current game .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ignacy also Said There will be More (New?) Units
Edit: damn you german mobile word correction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.