Subject: Overwatch timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to 4.5 Basic Game Movement Phase and 4.5.1.1.8 No Move Moves vehicles with Move or Short Halt commands may remain in their current hex, they are not required to move from that hex, but they are still subject to OW fire.

A hidden vehicle reveals its Move command, gets a Spot/Move counter and becomes spotted by enemy vehicle with OW command.

1) The previously hidden vehicle decides not to move. I assume that the OW vehicle can fire at it nevertheless. Correct?

2) The previously hidden vehicle decides to move in an hex outside the LOS of the OW vehicle. Can the OW vehicle fire at it before that happens? In other words, is the OW triggered the moment a Move / Short Halt command is revealed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Your question seems to be mixing game terms. I believe by hidden you actually mean unspotted, not a Hidden unit in the context of the game rules. I'll answered based on that.

1) Correct, as stated in section 4.5.1.1.8 No Move Moves.

2) No, not when the command is reveled -- that isn't an action in an of itself. The vehicle must, for example, turn, move or have it declared that it isn't physically moving from the hex to trigger the OW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, by hidden I meant unspotted, my mistake.
Thank you for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.