Dale of Merchants» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loss of stall when card is taken rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vikas Munipalle
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi. When someone uses their technique to take or swap a card from your stall do you lose that stall? For example if I have a six value stall with two three value cards and someone swaps one of the cards in it with a one value card, now that the value is four is it still a valid six value stall? Does it go away forcing me to rebuild it? Or does the stall remain as it is once you've built it and when a card is taken or swapped you just assume that it is whatever value it is when you built it.
Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You never lose stalls. Once you've built it, it's there for good. If someone swaps cards with your stall, it doesn't change anything for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
You never lose stalls. Once you've built it, it's there for good. If someone swaps cards with your stall, it doesn't change anything for you.
Are there any situations where the card(s) of your Stall could be taken so there's an empty Stall at the end of your row of Stalls? If there are any circumstances, it would be good to have some suggestions from the designer for dealing with it. (I'd take a Junk from the Junk pile and put it face down as a placeholder - wouldn't want there to be any arguments over whether I was building Stall N or Stall N+1!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think of any cases where you can completely remove a card from a stall, but even if that did happen once a stall is built, it counts as built regardless of how many points are currently in that stall. So even if you removed a card from the stall it still should count as having been built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kryyst wrote:
I can't think of any cases where you can completely remove a card from a stall, but even if that did happen once a stall is built, it counts as built regardless of how many points are currently in that stall. So even if you removed a card from the stall it still should count as having been built.
I'm not disagreeing (besides, if Mikko doesn't know, then only Sami does). The point is whether it's possible to take the last/only card of a Stall - especially the last stall and how to indicate that the stall has been built (to avoid arguments over which stall one's opponent had got up to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In these rare cases, you just have to remember or mark it somehow. We use extra junk cards for that. If, for example you had a stall of 4 built using just one card and someone takes that card, we put 4 junk cards in that place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
In these rare cases, you just have to remember or mark it somehow. We use extra junk cards for that. If, for example you had a stall of 4 built using just one card and someone takes that card, we put 4 junk cards in that place.
That's what I suggested. But you can't put them face up, because it's possible to use Junk to build Stalls and you need to indicate that it's a placeholder stall with unusable cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acorn and Safety Precautions are the only cards so far to affect stalls, and they swap cards with a stall. So this will not happen, and I'm quite sure Sami won't add a card that would remove cards from a stall to avoid exactly this complication from happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Mikko for straightening this before I could chime in. We're at Essen Spiel so my answers will be delayed for the time being. You're also right that I don't want to include a card that straight out steals a card from a player's stall for all the points arisen in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see empty stacks. Breaking the game stacks could be fun. I guess DoM 3 needs overproduced player mats! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppo Kuukasjärvi
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As somebody noted in Kickstarter, the beaver deck has one card which makes emptying a stack possible! surprise

Practice (Beaver 5): "Next time you have resolved a technique card, you may place that card back into your hand."

For example, if you play Practice + Acorn, you get Acorn back into your hand! This is unintentional. Practice should take a resolved technique card from the discard pile. The official FAQ is coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vikas Munipalle
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.