Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Omer Hertz
Israel
Kfar Vradim
Galil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules and running a sample game, I found a couple of grey areas (for me) regarding Pitting. I hope someone might help:

1. When Pitting, am I correct in assuming that you move the car to the Pit Lane and only then start paying the Time Cost? That is, actually moving into the Pit does not take up 1 Time unit?

2. When exiting the Pit:
A. Must your first move be Lasteral?
B. If so, does it cost an MP (out of the ones provided by the Pit Speed on the card)?
C. If not, can you move forward within the Pit Lane before moving Lateraly? Is the Lateral movement even required or can you (conceivably) remain Pitted? (I don't see why you'd want that, but still...)

Thanks,
- Omer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
hertzomer wrote:
After reading the rules and running a sample game, I found a couple of grey areas (for me) regarding Pitting. I hope someone might help:

1. When Pitting, am I correct in assuming that you move the car to the Pit Lane and only then start paying the Time Cost? That is, actually moving into the Pit does not take up 1 Time unit?

2. When exiting the Pit:
A. Must your first move be Lasteral?
B. If so, does it cost an MP (out of the ones provided by the Pit Speed on the card)?
C. If not, can you move forward within the Pit Lane before moving Lateraly? Is the Lateral movement even required or can you (conceivably) remain Pitted? (I don't see why you'd want that, but still...)

Thanks,
- Omer.

1. Correct. Movement into the pit is free.
2. A : Yes.
2. B: Yes. 1 if it is open and 2 if you have to displace a car.
2. C: You must use all your MP's, so you can't remain pitted. The only way this would happen is if you use all your cards on other cars(like NPc's and Team NPC's) and didn't have enough cards to move the pitted car.

Hope that cleared it up for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omer Hertz
Israel
Kfar Vradim
Galil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does, thanks.

I do have a follow-up question, though:
Can you use the Soft Tire Bonus after exiting the Pit Lane? (Essentially doubling your MPs for the cost of 1 Tire Wear)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hertzomer wrote:
It does, thanks.

I do have a follow-up question, though:
Can you use the Soft Tire Bonus after exiting the Pit Lane? (Essentially doubling your MPs for the cost of 1 Tire Wear)?

In 7.6.4 it states that you may use the Tire Bonus only after completing your regular movement. Exiting the pit is not regular movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omer Hertz
Israel
Kfar Vradim
Galil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see... almost too bad, really - it seems like the perfect use for that Bonus...

Thanks, Jeff and Stig.

[By the way, this being a racing game forum... are you THE Stig? ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
hertzomer wrote:
I see... almost too bad, really - it seems like the perfect use for that Bonus...

Thanks, Jeff and Stig.

[By the way, this being a racing game forum... are you THE Stig? ]

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.