$20.00
$30.00
$15.00
$5.00
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
SUBJ?

The Russian edition of Pixel Tactics comes with those sweet inserts for the game box (upper right).

Is there a generator for such inserts?

If not, what dimensions should I keep in mind when designing one? Where do I put additional millimeters to account for material thickness?

Thank you in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
6 in a row! NFC North Champions!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfold it and use it as a "template": figure out which parts are the main box dimensions, which parts are height, and which determine the size of the piece holders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
…Yep. So typical of me to ask a question and then see the answer. =)

Then what is the usual margin to account for material thickness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
6 in a row! NFC North Champions!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't need to account for thickness...you just need to score the stock so you're folding the stock at the line and not bending it around the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shalom Craimer
Israel
Givat Zeev
(Near Jerusalem)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It depends on the radius of the bend. It's anywhere between 1x to 3x the thickness of the paper/cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
scraimer wrote:
It depends on the radius of the bend. It's anywhere between 1x to 3x the thickness of the paper/cardboard.

I've found that pretty thin cardstock works well for inserts in deck-sized boxes like this - 200gsm or so - there's really no need for anything thick enough that you'd have to account for it at bends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shalom Craimer
Israel
Givat Zeev
(Near Jerusalem)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
scraimer wrote:

I've found that pretty thin cardstock works well for inserts in deck-sized boxes like this - 200gsm or so - there's really no need for anything thick enough that you'd have to account for it at bends!

You say that now, but what'll happen when you have your solid-gold copy of Austerity? Would you put that into a cardboard box? no! You'd sensibly put it into a burnished titanium box with a brushed steel insert. That you make yourself, of course.

And when you're pulling the lever of the bending tool, grinning in vicious joy at how you mold the metal to your will - that's when you'll think to yourself, "Huh. You know what? I still think Shalom was wrong."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.