Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me as though there is a lot of potential for board games in the Judge Dredd franchise. The type of game I think most suits it might be a co-op "clean up the city" kind of scenario, sort of like Police Precinct. But I think the license could be adapted to almost any game style.

There is so much to work with! Mega City 1 takes up the whole east coast of the US. Ditto MC2 on the west coast. And you have the crazy irradiated and savage Cursed Earth between the two. Could you imagine a game where you are exiled Judges in the Cursed Earth and you can earn you way back in if you manage to take out Satanus?!

You've got psycho gangs, crazy tech, awesome Lawmaster bikes, decades of storylines and villains to draw from, psi powers, Judge Death and the dark judges...

I'm not saying Dredd should be as ubiquitous as Batman (although the two have teamed up!) in games but I really wish there were more options other than the Judge Dredd Miniatures Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holding out for Legendary : A Judge Dredd Deckbuilding Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:

I wish...

Rebellion have pretty much done diddly-squat with the 2000AD licence (board-game wise) since acquiring it.

It's things like this that make Ro-Jaws cry soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:

It's funny at the very end of my post I almost wrote that it seems like a perfect IP for Upper Deck's Legendary Encounters system. But, given the complaints about the art I shied away. Although, unlike all their games based on live action (firefly, alien, predator, big trouble) this is all comic art and already exists and is awesome so no worries there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlybath wrote:

This. This in every way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph Mode wrote:
Earlybath wrote:

It's funny at the very end of my post I almost wrote that it seems like a perfect IP for Upper Deck's Legendary Encounters system. But, given the complaints about the art I shied away. Although, unlike all their games based on live action (firefly, alien, predator, big trouble) this is all comic art and already exists and is awesome so no worries there!

The art for Predator and Alien were amazing, in my opinion. And the marvel games have always been pretty good (captain america's expansion was spotty though). Firefly seems to be the only one with a clear problem, and it's clear some of the artwork is excellent such as the main character cards you play as (zoe, mal, wash etc), but other cards are just downright awful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Mercer
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could push Judge Dredd in all sorts of directions, in fact if you owned the licence you could almost certainly find an aspect of it to add to almost any boardgame you can think of. Not to mention the whole 2000AD line as a whole.

Legendary, or even some sort of LCG or even a Patfinder/shadowrun/WarhammerQuest style Adventure Card Game would be excellent. Making it compatable with Legendary is even better.

I'd quite like a sort of control board game of rival gangs taking over blocks while trying not to raise the ire of the judges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ringo Stalin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spinningdice wrote:

I'd quite like a sort of control board game of rival gangs taking over blocks while trying not to raise the ire of the judges.

I've never played it myself, but maybe you want to hunt down a copy of Block Mania?

I definitely agree that there's a huge gap in the market for 2000AD tabletop games. If Rebellion are looking for anyone to head up R&D, I'd like to put my hand up for the job...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony MR
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got a copy of Block Mania off eBay about 3 years ago.
I still haven't got around to playing it (though i did as a kid) but it's one of those games i just wanted to own again.

I would love to see more games set around the Dredd IP, the universe is ripe for all kinds of themes and the satirical nature of the world could work really well.
I'm not fussed about miniatures though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campbell
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block Mania is decent game - I've still got the copy I bought in the late '80s. It gets dusted off every so often
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hall
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Boy, I'm with you. I've been looking for the old GW Judge Dredd game since I played it with my buddy 5 years ago. Still haven't managed to track down a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only Judge Dredd game I know about is a Munchkin Mini Expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.