15 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » General

Subject: Just missed the kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xpfc Wintergreen
msg tools
Hi,

I found out about this game and the Kickstarter campaign yesterday. I've never backed a project though and was unaware it was ending so soon so I slept on buying in last night. I went back to back it this morning but I think I missed out by about an hour. Pretty bummed about it, and was wondering if there would be any way to purchase a copy now.

(Also new to BGG so Im not sure if this is even the right place to post this. Apologies if it is not)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Brent can open late pledges?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the correct place to post and I'm sure Brent will post soon. Alternatively, you can message him on kickstarter

Welcome to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG Wintergreen! Brent is good about keeping up with things here. You can also try sending him a message here on BGG

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmail/compose?touser=voodooink

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome to the Hobby!

Lesson Learned about Kickstarter:
If you're inside of 48 hours of the campaign ending and are still "thinking about it", WATCH THAT CLOCK!

I've missed several Kickstarter projects because I got the 48 hour notice and said to myself, "Heh, I still have 48 hours to think about it."

So you put it on the "back burner" (only for a few hours, right?) and the next thing you know, normal life takes hold of your going thoughts. Later you suddenly remember about that Kickstarter game and pray there's still time left, as you "just" decided you want to back it after all!

So you run to the computer/lap top/smart phone/etc to check the Kickstarter page only to find that the campaign ended 25 minutes ago! Argh! I hate it when that happens. And it's happened several times.

Though on the bright side, think of much money I've saved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xpfc Wintergreen
msg tools
Thank you all for your warm welcome and advice! Definitely a learning experience for Kickstarter campagins in the future. I'll try to get in touch with the creator directly and hope for the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my field & scorecard files approved and there are Print and Play (PnP) block players in the files area as well. You cant least cobble together a basic game to get the feel.

I'm sure that there'll be extra copies available after the kickstarter batch is made, it will just depend on how much investment Brent can make to get the higher volume discounts. Runs are usually in multiples of 250 from what I've seen in previous campaigns.

I jumped in at the $10 Pixel Pack only due to timing issues indwell eventually pick up a physical copy.

Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

Welcome to the Hobby!

Lesson Learned about Kickstarter:
If you're inside of 48 hours of the campaign ending and are still "thinking about it", WATCH THAT CLOCK!

I've missed several Kickstarter projects because I got the 48 hour notice and said to myself, "Heh, I still have 48 hours to think about it."

So you put it on the "back burner" (only for a few hours, right?) and the next thing you know, normal life takes hold of your going thoughts. Later you suddenly remember about that Kickstarter game and pray there's still time left, as you "just" decided you want to back it after all!

So you run to the computer/lap top/smart phone/etc to check the Kickstarter page only to find that the campaign ended 25 minutes ago! Argh! I hate it when that happens. And it's happened several times.

Though on the bright side, think of much money I've saved!

Were you following me? You described my experience with this game. Still, it might be for the best since I had doubts about getting it played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be offering those that just missed the Kickstarter a chance to preorder and secure a copy of this version of the game once I know exactly how many are being produced and have calculated what I need to hold back for extras, reviewers, awards, etc. Follow here on BGG, on Kickstarter, and on my site to make sure to get the alert.

Don't be late this time! You missed all the fun!!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Perez
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good news!
I also missed the KS but I'm not gonna miss the chance to get as soon as Brent give us that possibility.

Meanwhile, I only have to say: Shut Up and Take My Money!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The more the merrier Israel! The GREENBACK$ can always use another coach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Perez
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
The more the merrier Israel! The GREENBACK$ can always use another coach.

I hope so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Harris
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello,

I just found out about this game and would be interested in learning more about it and taking it for a "test drive." Is there anyway to buy the "pixel pack" that was available on kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BassRocker84 wrote:
Hello,

I just found out about this game and would be interested in learning more about it and taking it for a "test drive." Is there anyway to buy the "pixel pack" that was available on kickstarter?

The pixel pack will be available for purchase soon! Stay tuned here on BGG, Kickstarter, and my site for updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:
I'll be offering those that just missed the Kickstarter a chance to preorder and secure a copy of this version of the game once I know exactly how many are being produced and have calculated what I need to hold back for extras, reviewers, awards, etc. Follow here on BGG, on Kickstarter, and on my site to make sure to get the alert.

Don't be late this time! You missed all the fun!!meeple

Yes, please post here (BGG) if/when the game goes retail. I just learned about this yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.