Pandemic: The Cure – Experimental Meds» Forums » Rules

Subject: The rules are out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And I've already uploaded them to the geek files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the geekfiles yet. Do you have a link to the source?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I guess the moderator didn't validate the file yet.

http://www.zmangames.com/uploads/4/7/1/7/47170931/en-pandemi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostbusterbob wrote:

You can find all ZMAN downloadable rules here:

http://www.zmangames.com/downloadable-files.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostbusterbob wrote:
Really? How about Z-man Games' website? The files won't be allowed by the GeekMods - they aren't posted by the publisher (though if GShock112 has their permission it'll be OK, it'll just take a little time to get approved)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure you need permission from the publisher: the publisher himself made them public, I just "shared" the file.

By the way... I now understand why the continents have 2 identical sides. On one side you now put the sticker for the purple infection and you can play the standard game on the side without purple. Brilliant.

The rules don't seem too complicated but surely they add 2 more depth layers to the game. The extra die is not just an infection... and the hot spots make the epidemic a LOT more complicated (it's the end of the days of almost free rerolls).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new roles are great! I can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
I'm not sure you need permission from the publisher: the publisher himself made them public, I just "shared" the file.
Copyright still exists on the rules, despite them being published on Z-Man's website. BGG being a commercial entity, publishing Copyrighted content is "challenging". Here's what the web page where you uploaded the files says
Quote:
You shall not upload User Submissions containing material that is copyrighted, protected by trademark or trade secret, or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permissions from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Geekdo all of the licenses granted herein.
I've highlighted the key phrase that you may have overlooked in your desire to contribute to the community. Unless Z-Man's website specifically states that you have such rights, I think you'll find that you don't have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the rules link... More excited now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules make me even more excited. Looks to shake up the base game a bit. The hot zones look really interesting and hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
@mc even though I know it works the way you described, it doesn't make any sense, especially considering everyone (including me) can post here the link to the ZMan DL page which is basically the same as posting the file here.

Anyway, assuming we've all read the rules... we could discuss about them in anticipation of the most certain gameplay video to appear on YouTube... hopefully tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
@mc even though I know it works the way you described, it doesn't make any sense, especially considering everyone (including me) can post here the link to the ZMan DL page which is basically the same as posting the file here.

Sorry, I disagree. Good intentions, but publisher still has final say on where and how their files can be distributed. And posting a link to another server is definitely not the same as hosting the file elsewhere and redirecting traffic away from the publisher's site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks pretty good, but I wish they had listed the new events in addition to the new roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They have.
The purple dice are an event by themselves because with some rolls you get an extra die to infect and with some other roll you take out a die from the bag and put it in the box which changes everything: one less die to roll (closer to defeat) and changes PERMANENTLY the % of grabbing the die colors.

In other words 12-12-12-12 ... when you get 12-12-11-12 everything changes and you must take that into account.

... and that's on top of the hot spots which I haven't studied yet (because I feel sad I can't get the game before the end of november so I'm trying not to think about it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sims
United States
Bryant
Arkansas
flag msg tools
So much for Pathos...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this an error in the rules?

On P.8 in the example at the top, it says:
Quote:
John spends 2 Hot Zone dice with Hazardous Sample
results in his region to add +2 to his roll for a cure.
After finding the cure, he advances the infection rate
syringe
by 2.
(emphasis mine)

The illustration accompanying this shows the Outbreak Rate syringe being moved.

Am I seeing that or reading it incorrectly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
They have.
The purple dice are an event by themselves because with some rolls you get an extra die to infect and with some other roll you take out a die from the bag and put it in the box which changes everything: one less die to roll (closer to defeat) and changes PERMANENTLY the % of grabbing the die colors.

In other words 12-12-12-12 ... when you get 12-12-11-12 everything changes and you must take that into account.

... and that's on top of the hot spots which I haven't studied yet (because I feel sad I can't get the game before the end of november so I'm trying not to think about it)

Events are the yellow cards you buy with +'s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
It matters not a jot whether it makes sense to you or not: they are the rules of BGG and they are the rules that will ultimately determine whether the rules that you uploaded will get approved (they won't). BGG has to respect Copyright (so does everyone, there's nothing special about BGG, but you know what I mean) or the whole thing will come crashing down around Aldie's ears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GShock112 wrote:
Anyway, assuming we've all read the rules... we could discuss about them in anticipation of the most certain gameplay video to appear on YouTube... hopefully tomorrow.
I am expecting the game to get a lot harder, hopefully not to the point of becoming luck dependant (yes, yes, I know it's a dice game), so it's going to be interesting to see how much of an effect on the game the new roles will have and whether they make the base game unplayable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Insta-buy for me, just based on custom freakin' dice with special effects

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
MrSims wrote:
Quote:
syringe
by 2.
(emphasis mine)

The rules are correct, but the illustration is wrong. It should show the Infection Rate syringe advancing 2 spaces. I'll notify the publisher. Thanks.

EDIT: according to the publisher, the illustration in the printed rules included with the game is correct; an older digital version was mistakenly uploaded to their site. The correct version is now available for download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sims
United States
Bryant
Arkansas
flag msg tools
So much for Pathos...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
MrSims wrote:
Quote:
syringe
by 2.
(emphasis mine)

The rules are correct, but the illustration is wrong. It should show the Infection Rate syringe advancing 2 spaces. I'll notify the publisher. Thanks.

Thanks to YOU for being involved! I always feel good about a game when the designer seems to monitor the BGG forums for rules questions.

FWIW, I was sure enough in my own mind that I also posted the question via Z-Man's website contact form, but thanks again for your attention, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:

What's your favorite of the new roles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sims
United States
Bryant
Arkansas
flag msg tools
So much for Pathos...
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
GShock112 wrote:

Sorry, I disagree. Good intentions, but publisher still has final say on where and how their files can be distributed. And posting a link to another server is definitely not the same as hosting the file elsewhere and redirecting traffic away from the publisher's site.

A secondary consideration might be that if we merely LINK to the file as posted on the publisher's website, then those that follow the link later would likely get any newer version of the file, should edits be made.

If we upload a copy here, legal issues aside, and edits are made, then the copy here is outdated.

Seems simpler if we just link to the file.

For clarity, I also believe the publisher's rights are the primary concern and must be respected at any rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes it's wonderful when you see the DEVs showing up to answer questions and further clarify the rules.

Page 4 when it says "drawn" it should be "draw" (twice).

Can't wait to get this expansion... too bad Nov20 is so far away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:

The rules have now been updated. An "older" file was in the "upload to website" folder instead of the correct rulebook file. Sorry about the mixup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.