Hide
4 Posts

BattleCON: Devastation of Indines» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is there a definitive list of priority tie-breakers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Muchacho
msg tools
In Devastation there's definitely a character with a card that wins priority ties (can't remember who). In War there's Heketch, whose Knives wins ties. Finishers win ties, except against other Finishers. Jager's signature moves win ties against attacks (does this include Knives?) but not Finishers, etc etc etc.

Is there an official list which puts these in order, like a meta-priority on the priority tie-breakers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to resolve these as fractional Priorities:

+.4 -- Wins Priority ties without clashing
+.3 -- Finisher
+.2 -- Jager Signature Move
+.1 -- Fighter on the team with fewer fighteres
-.4 -- Loses Priority ties without clashing

This clarifies the order of precedence and also rounds correctly for effects that care about it, e.g. Lymn's Disparity and Ottavia's Target Lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tankbard wrote:
I like to resolve these as fractional Priorities:

+.4 -- Wins Priority ties without clashing
+.3 -- Jager Signature Move
+.2 -- Finisher
+.1 -- Fighter on the team with fewer fighteres
-.4 -- Loses Priority ties without clashing

This clarifies the order of precedence and also rounds correctly for effects that care about it, e.g. Lymn's Disparity and Ottavia's Target Lock.

There is at least one mistake in your list, in that Jager's signature moves LOSE to finishers, but win against everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, brain fart. I swear it's correctly numbered on the spreadsheets, herp derp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.