Subject: Dog Is Getting A Lot of Prayer-Tweets from Okies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this doesn't tell you something about the state of Oklahoma....

http://newsok.com/article/5520409

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Wow, what horrible people, praying for people to get jobs. What assholes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are praying for economic salvation...

It's almost as pathetic as praying for a W of a football team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since nothing fails as consistently as prayer I'm sure it will work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
mbmbmb
Praying for the 100 million year old byproduct of Dinosaur remains? But the Earth, 5000 years old an all. What are they praying for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
darthhugo wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

And that's a bad thing? The county where I work went from being middle of the road for unemployment rate to the worst unemployment rate in the state. It's also a poor state, so every job counts. We also prayed for rain during the previous drought. So, on behalf of the entire state of Oklahoma, I would like to apologize for doing something that people have done for thousands of years. Nobody says it will work, but if it brings a bit of comfort and solidarity to people, how is that wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Praying for the 100 million year old byproduct of Dinosaur remains? But the Earth, 5000 years old an all. What are they praying for?

Satan put the oil in the ground to trick us into believing in evolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

And that's a bad thing? The county where I work went from being middle of the road for unemployment rate to the worst unemployment rate in the state. It's also a poor state, so every job counts. We also prayed for rain during the previous drought. So, on behalf of the entire state of Oklahoma, I would like to apologize for doing something that people have done for thousands of years. Nobody says it will work, but if it brings a bit of comfort and solidarity to people, how is that wrong?

So encouraging denial and false hope is OK... explains a lot about Trump's support I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
If only there were a church or something that could use donations to provide job training that would help the situation ... but oh well ... prayer totally works cause you know, the bible says so. It's better than a scientific probability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
This one's just too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

It's pretty obvious that you've not been to a prayer event.

Prayer at these events is for the betterment of the people involved, for them to find work, for other businesses to come into the state (Oklahoma has continued to work on diversification of its economy but it's been a long slow road), for the leaders to have wisdom in how to handle finances.

As for praying for a W at a football game, never happened at any game I was at. Prayer there is for the kids to be able to do the best they can, for safety from injuries, for growth in character, for good sportsmanship between teams.

Any time you find yourself outside Wisconsin and in Oklahoma, look me up. I'll drive ya around free of charge and you can meet the people you freely mock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KissaTaikuri wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
If only there were a church or something that could use donations to provide job training that would help the situation ... but oh well ... prayer totally works cause you know, the bible says so. It's better than a scientific probability.

From the article you didn't read wrote:
Beddow said Oil Patch Chaplains has held resource fairs in different parts of the state, including Elk City, Enid and Tulsa, that were designed to connect displaced oil field workers with employers and support services. He said there's a critical need for the faith community to come alongside and host similar events and activities.

It is amazing how you highly-educated, tolerant atheists can be such whiny little bitches when something occurs outside your comfortable little bubble. Evolution IS taught in Oklahoma's public schools, by the way, and almost all of us have all of our teeth. But hey, keep promoting negative stereotypes to demonstrate to all of us your immense intellectual superiority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet, there are those who wish it were different.

https://ncse.com/news/2016/01/antievolution-legislation-okla...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Beddow said Oil Patch Chaplains has held resource fairs in different parts of the state, including Elk City, Enid and Tulsa, that were designed to connect displaced oil field workers with employers and support services. He said there's a critical need for the faith community to come alongside and host similar events and activities.

It is amazing how you highly-educated, tolerant atheists can be such whiny little bitches when something occurs outside your comfortable little bubble. Evolution IS taught in Oklahoma's public schools, by the way, and almost all of us have all of our teeth. But hey, keep promoting negative stereotypes to demonstrate to all of us your immense intellectual superiority.
It's not intellectual superiority, it's an issue of emotional intelligence to not have to rely on the imaginary for comfort. Prayer clearly does nothing but give false hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I didn't find any mention of this dog we're supposed to pray for. But people who pray for dogs can't be all that bad.

We had a Black Lab mix he was the best dog I'll ever have. He died young at 8 from a genetic liver disorder and we miss him dearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

I would have said the same thing if they did it here in Michigan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KissaTaikuri wrote:
It's not intellectual superiority, it's an issue of emotional intelligence to not have to rely on the imaginary for comfort. Prayer clearly does nothing but give false hope.

Thank you! I'm certain the BILLIONS of people who have a religious aspect to their lives will now be able to free themselves of the shackles of religion since you have revealed the secret to life. Dude, you're at a board game web site. You're a little whacky too.

Man, you just can't stand people who don't think the same way as you, do you? Go back to your bubble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Thank you! I'm certain the BILLIONS of people who have a religious aspect to their lives will now be able to free themselves of the shackles of religion since you have revealed the secret to life. Dude, you're at a board game web site. You're a little whacky too.

Man, you just can't stand people who don't think the same way as you, do you? Go back to your bubble.

Maybe you should first PRAY for us to go back to the bubble.

Hey, keep quoting those BELEEBER stats... they are shrinking faster than Trump's poll numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Prayer at these events is for the betterment of the people involved, for them to find work, for other businesses to come into the state (Oklahoma has continued to work on diversification of its economy but it's been a long slow road), for the leaders to have wisdom in how to handle finances.

As for praying for a W at a football game, never happened at any game I was at. Prayer there is for the kids to be able to do the best they can, for safety from injuries, for growth in character, for good sportsmanship between teams.

Any time you find yourself outside Wisconsin and in Oklahoma, look me up. I'll drive ya around free of charge and you can meet the people you freely mock.

I usually travel outside the US. I have been through OK many times, as a passthru to Texas.

As for whatever the effect of prayer meetings.... it really isn't working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

I have been to entire church services that were dedicated to the Big Game... not life, but the next football game. That was perhaps the most asinine 60 mins I ever spent waiting for something to end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kissa
United States
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

You're welcome. I'm not just a little whacky, I'm super whacky and an asshole like the rest of us here in rsp but that's just a strawman. I don't mind people who think differently about realities, I mind people who think the imaginary is real and so do you when it comes to santa claus and the easter bunny. If I espoused that imaginary beings were real and could affect reality, you'd be the same kind of intolerant asshat as I am toward religion. I am thankful that I do live in a bubble that is normally separated from the imaginary though. It's quite comfortable relying on facts instead of silly stories about imaginary gods and demons and doing hocus pocus voodoo prayers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Satan put the oil in the ground to trick us into believing in evolution.
Actually, the energy industry has no interest in Young Earth Creationism. They are very interested in people understanding the vast quantities of time needed to convert biology into geology, so that they can more efficiently extract those resources. The various "Halls of Evolution" at natural history museums are often sponsored by energy companies (and in somewhat related news, the Smithsonian's Hall of Human Origins is sponsored by a Koch brother).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KissaTaikuri wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

You're welcome. I'm not just a little whacky, I'm super whacky and an asshole like the rest of us here in rsp but that's just a strawman. I don't mind people who think differently about realities, I mind people who think the imaginary is real and so do you when it comes to santa claus and the easter bunny. If I espoused that imaginary beings were real and could affect reality, you'd be the same kind of intolerant asshat as I am toward religion. I am thankful that I do live in a bubble that is normally separated from the imaginary though. It's quite comfortable relying on facts instead of silly stories about imaginary gods and demons and doing hocus pocus voodoo prayers.

Actually, if you want to believe that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny had sex and produced their version of a Messiah named the Great Pumpkin, I would NOT be an asshat to you. I respect other peoples' beliefs, even (and especially) when they don't agree with my way of thinking. Frankly, I don't even understand that kind of thinking, i.e. people who believe in something different than yourself are idiots and lunatics. I try to be a decent human being, even on the Internet. But, to each his own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

The saying where I come from is that two hands working do more than a thousand hands praying. Maybe a legitimate jobs training program would be a better effort for the government to get involved in than praying for divine intervention for an industry that does more harm to humanity than good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
darthhugo wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Maybe you should first PRAY for us to go back to the bubble.

Hey, keep quoting those BELEEBER stats... they are shrinking faster than Trump's poll numbers.

Well, first off, I don't pray. Second, I'm not a Christian (or Jew or Muslim or Zen or Hindu or whatever. What I would like, however, is for people to be respectful of others' beliefs even when they disagree with your beliefs or lack thereof. My bad, thinking people should be decent to each other.

Btw, I live in Oklahoma. I played football for eight years in Oklahoma and attended a football-crazed university. Not once did I hear a public prayer for a "W." Did individuals pray for that? Oh definitely. They also pray for the Walmart to be stocked up on Rocky Road ice cream or that the "low on fuel" light on the dashboard doesn't mean they don't have enough gas to make it to a gas station. But mainly the prayers were for sportsmanship, safety, and a good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.