Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A new article with some details about the Corellian Conflict Campaign.

Here is the link from FFG: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/10/12/playin...

This definitely sounds awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ike
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It does! What I'm still a little unclear on is whether I can just play it with 2 players, how many ships I need, as I have a pretty small collection, and whether the campaign can be replayed? I remember reading somewhere that there were stickers which made it sound like a one-off sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikehouserock wrote:
It does! What I'm still a little unclear on is whether I can just play it with 2 players, how many ships I need, as I have a pretty small collection, and whether the campaign can be replayed? I remember reading somewhere that there were stickers which made it sound like a one-off sort of thing.

I'm also curious about the 2-player bit, and more particularly whether it can be played with a single core set. This looks like a fun campaign to play with my daughter, but I'm not sure I'd want to get a whole new core set just to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got plenty enough Armada stuff that my boys and I will have a good time with this.

I wonder what the playing map is made of, though. Is it thin cardstock? Can I put it in a frame and hang it on the wall, maybe with a metal backing so I can use magnets? Or is there a way to record the game state when you have to put it away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Maturin
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Ikehouserock wrote:

I'm also curious about the 2-player bit, and more particularly whether it can be played with a single core set. This looks like a fun campaign to play with my daughter, but I'm not sure I'd want to get a whole new core set just to play it.

I very much doubt you'll be able to play with just a single core set. You need the fleets to be able to reach 400 points at least, and the contents of the core set will only get you up to about 160-ish per side, at most.

If you get some expansions for each side you ought to be able to play nicely. You don't need a core set for each player, as you can just share the damage deck, tools, and dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's what I mean, I do have several of the expansions, but only one core set itself.

The thing that triggered me asking was I thought one of the new cards talked about having two space stations, but maybe the campaign box will have another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Yeah, that's what I mean, I do have several of the expansions, but only one core set itself.

The thing that triggered me asking was I thought one of the new cards talked about having two space stations, but maybe the campaign box will have another.

I urge you to look at the first post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

The image FFG shows of the finished product has another space station, more asteroids, and also a squadron dial for unique squadrons. It looks like you can play it while only owning a single core set. I hope so, because I only own the one box, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar J Wetaas
Norway
Risor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I will actually wait out this one and see what people write about it after it have been tested.
My main concern is the time it will take to play such a campaign.
Normally I would only have time to play 1 maximum 2 battles if I have all evening.
To play something like this will keep the same game going for a very long time. And also slow it down since you now also need time to plan a long term strategy as well as making fleets and setting up.
I am a gamer that also like to play other games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Marky
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maturin wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
Ikehouserock wrote:

I very much doubt you'll be able to play with just a single core set. You need the fleets to be able to reach 400 points at least, and the contents of the core set will only get you up to about 160-ish per side, at most.

If you get some expansions for each side you ought to be able to play nicely. You don't need a core set for each player, as you can just share the damage deck, tools, and dice.

500 points!

referred in the article: "...by adding new ships or squadrons—to a maximum of 500 total fleet points."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wetaas wrote:
I think I will actually wait out this one and see what people write about it after it have been tested.
My main concern is the time it will take to play such a campaign.
Normally I would only have time to play 1 maximum 2 battles if I have all evening.
To play something like this will keep the same game going for a very long time. And also slow it down since you now also need time to plan a long term strategy as well as making fleets and setting up.
I am a gamer that also like to play other games as well.

It sounds like each "round" is two battles. Between battles your fleet commanders could plan their strategies, spend points, etc.

Regarding stickers- what uses stickers? I might have missed that part. I feel like you can either put the stickers on cardboard and place them on the board as you play, then just take a picture at the end of the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eastland
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's how I understand it.

Each round is a minimum of 2 battles.
If there are 6 players then it will be 3 battles.

1) Low-point side declares an attack, opposing side assigns a defender.
2) High-point side declares and attack, opposing side assigns a defender.
(That's for 4 players).
3) Low-point side declares another attack, opposing side assigns a defender.
(That's for 6 players).

One of the attacks for each side can be a "Special Assault" using the faction-specific objective cards. But these can only be played in certain locations. Hyperlane Raid must be done along one of the hyperspace routes on the map. Show of Force must be done in the boxed section of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

The image FFG shows of the finished product has another space station, more asteroids, and also a squadron dial for unique squadrons. It looks like you can play it while only owning a single core set. I hope so, because I only own the one box, too!

Ah, I had read the articles, but I guess I hadn't looked at the pictures as closely as I might have (read the articles on my phone, so the pictures weren't the biggest). That's reassuring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian K
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you (or us) concerned about stickers and replayability:

It looks like you could attach the stickers to small wooden discs or cylinders (painted, of course!) and then use those as tokens to mark control - instead of attaching the sticker directly to the board. Alternatively, you could probably use wooden cubes that correspond in color.

Regarding how much to own:

You probably can play this with just the Core Set, but I think you may run into some limitations (okay, not a surprise). Not only does it potentially limit the fleet options for the first phase, you also might run into the problem of losing all of your "unique" options within the first few rounds of the campaign. That being said - I am only going to give it an 80% confidence interval on this assessment - it does look playable with just the Core ... although less more is more is probably going to be the maxim for it.

I really like how this campaign is starting to look. Perma-death to "unique" cards and a structure for operating and employing concrete fleets (creating a fleet and then running with it ... with room for tweaks and upgrades) just seems like a recipe for awesome. Time is going to be a beast. I know I am swamped with deadlines, so running a campaign may take a long ... long time: however, I think FFG might be hitting one out of the park if this holds up to what the previews have shown.

Besides, for the relatively low cost (compared to other Armada things) you get 16 new squadrons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rutter
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corellian Conflict on Concentrate Fire

Here is s link to an excellent summary of the new campaign expansion.

It appears you will need to be able to construct 3 different 400-500pt fleets per side; which is obviously easier the more players you have.

That said, if you are only fighting one battle at a time there is no reason you can't use the same fleet build for each fleet. As long as you don't duplicate any unique cards you'll be able to play as long as you can build at least one fleet of 500ptd per side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like FFG has really put some thought into this and it is looking pretty freaking fun so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.