Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I only played a solo game last night and got a couple things wrong like paying during the research phase,and I am not sure how microbes work yet, but I got to say Wow. I can already tell that this is an awesome game. What a puzzle, what possibilities and choices confront a person. The rate of production along with total resources using cubes is very clever. I know I have only played one game, but this is one of those games where it becomes clear right from the start that there are so many possibilities. I can't wait to play again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

This weekend I played 4 solo games in 24 hrs. (I don't like ending with a loss.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Repeat Dance

Lincoln
Nebraska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see more positive reviews. I was on the fence about it but finally pulled the trigger, and it's in the mail now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to crack the shrink and play my copy tonight! Can't wait to explore this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope tomorrow if not Friday , which means weekend the game is on my table .... I can't wait ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hammer

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played four solo games and one 4-player game in the last few days and have loved every minute...in fact, this is my favorite game of the year so far and probably my favorite solo experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud smoker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atticus653 wrote:
I played four solo games and one 4-player game in the last few days and have loved every minute...in fact, this is my favorite game of the year so far and probably my favorite solo experience.

"the average time" for a single player game ?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Loudsmoker wrote:
Atticus653 wrote:

Thank you

One solo game takes about an hour, assuming you know the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueEdwards wrote:
got a couple things wrong like paying during the research phase

What?

As I understand it, you play the solo game with the Corporate Era expansion. You play with the non-beginner corporations so, you have to buy all of the research cards including the beginning hand. Did I miss something in the solo rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XShrike wrote:
BlueEdwards wrote:
got a couple things wrong like paying during the research phase

What?

As I understand it, you play the solo game with the Corporate Era expansion. You play with the non-beginner corporations so, you have to buy all of the research cards including the beginning hand. Did I miss something in the solo rules?

You can play solo with the beginner corporation, and you only pay for the cards you want to keep and discard the rest, except for the first 10 if you're playing the beginner corporation, as the beginner corporation gives you the first 10 cards for free, solo or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
on the surface solo seems like a basic and shallow BYHS tack on, but then you get into it and realize that the beauty of it's depth is in it's simplicity and you realize at work you're daydreaming of killer point combos and is it worth this generation to buy cards you cant use to just get a quick payout for next generation!?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWVLIW, I hated it. An exercise in moving cubes around (more than usual fir a Euro). It might have made the cubes happy, but not me.

And I won, easily, spotting a couple of good combos and staying off the radar of all the asteroids and moons othe people we bombarding the planet with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mb
I love the solo experience of Terraforming Mars. It's just the right level of difficulty, meaning I'm losing more than I'm winning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I finally beat it last night with Terractor corp. But it was one the very last turn with the very last of my resources. It was great I am really a fan of titanium and asteroid combos. It takes a while to get going but then things start moving a in a hurry. Also you gotta start plant production early or your done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
Jebstone wrote:
on the surface solo seems like a basic and shallow BYHS tack on, but then you get into it and realize that the beauty of it's depth is in it's simplicity and you realize at work you're daydreaming of killer point combos and is it worth this generation to buy cards you cant use to just get a quick payout for next generation!?!?!?

This page tells me that BYHS can stand for Bartlett Yancey High School, Bahrain Youth Hostels Society, or Brigham Young High School, but I doubt that any of those institutions are what you meant. Do you mind enlightening a poor forum reader by expanding the acronym?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arry1 wrote:
Jebstone wrote:

This page tells me that BYHS can stand for Bartlett Yancey High School, Bahrain Youth Hostels Society, or Brigham Young High School, but I doubt that any of those institutions are what you meant. Do you mind enlightening a poor forum reader by expanding the acronym?

If I had to guess, that would stand for "beat your high score"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuting Yang
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to chime in after having played and won my first solo game with Thorgate (76VP), this game is really very satisfying as a solo game. At the same time, it makes me wonder what sort of wizardry others are pulling off in order to get astronomical (see what I did there?) scores like 176.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bastinator1 wrote:
Loudsmoker wrote:

One solo game takes about an hour, assuming you know the game

Apparently I'm a slow thinker, it typically takes me around 1h20min.

Conveniently, cleanup/setup for another try only takes a few minutes afterwards (and most of those would be spent thoroughly shuffling the cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes me approximately 30-40 minutes to play. However, I am probably not thinking it through enough to be on the highscore list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.