Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I don't have the german recovery schedule in front of me at the moment, but I'm looking at Lion page 7 II/15 German Recovery. After the squadrons attack and any remaining bombardment happens, it says to move all Gruppen in the Inflight box to their airbases or the clock depending on that schedule.

Later in III Airfield operations 1., it says move all German Fighter Gruppen in the clock space for the current time to their airbases full side up. Note this is after the clock time update caused by the card.

In Calendar Update IV/1 it says to move all Gruppen in the inflight box and any space on the clock to their assigned airbases, full side up.

Question 1: If you get a 0 time update, then the fighter gruppen went to the clock where that setting still is since the time update was 0. So then they move to their airbases (presumably using orbiting teleporter satellites). Is this right, or am I [very likely] misunderstanding something?

Question 2: Furthermore, what the heck is the clock for anyway. I mean at first I thought moving gruppen (fighters only?) to the clock prevented them from being used again for 24 hours? But then the calendar update negates that right?

Could someone explain what the role of the clock is and what rules I'm missing? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Woods
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
"A future is something that you make yourself. You have to believe in it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Question 1: If you get a 0 time update, then the fighter gruppen went to the clock where that setting still is since the time update was 0. So then they move to their airbases (presumably using orbiting teleporter satellites). Is this right, or am I [very likely] misunderstanding something?

I am unsure of this wording however when a time update is 0 it implies there is another raid that is occuring, so you can consider all gruppen that are in the inflight bow to still be returning back to base.

Quote:
Question 2: Furthermore, what the heck is the clock for anyway. I mean at first I thought moving gruppen (fighters only?) to the clock prevented them from being used again for 24 hours? But then the calendar update negates that right?

The clock is used as a representation of the gruppen refueling repairing etc. The gruppen are placed on the clock and once the clock marker reached that time (or past it) the gruppen are eligible for another raid in which they will be put back into the designated airbases. I hope that helps a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I believe you've got a few things mixed up and the German recovery schedule would probably have helped you sort it out.

After a raid, undamaged bombers are moved back to their airbases reduced, regardless of time of day, because they can only do one mission per raid day.
Fighter Gruppen are moved to the clock, three or four hours ahead depending on their status. (Late in the day, this will mean they are moved back to their airbases as well.)
So if you get a follow-up raid or another raid within two hours, all these Gruppen will be unavailable.

The Calendar Update Phase occurs after the last raid of the day when everything resets and is not to be confused with the Clock Update segment of the Raid Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brastias wrote:

I believe you've got a few things mixed up and the German recovery schedule would probably have helped you sort it out.

After a raid, undamaged bombers are moved back to their airbases reduced, regardless of time of day, because they can only do one mission per raid day.
Fighter Gruppen are moved to the clock, three or four hours ahead depending on their status. (Late in the day, this will mean they are moved back to their airbases as well.)
So if you get a follow-up raid or another raid within two hours, all these Gruppen will be unavailable.

The Calendar Update Phase occurs after the last raid of the day when everything resets and is not to be confused with the Clock Update segment of the Raid Phase.

Thanks, makes sense. That will teach me to not have the board with me when I'm trying to read the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.