Subject: Porthcawl board game evenings. Interested? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste Williams
United Kingdom
Porthcawl
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
For the past four years I've hosted a weekly games night for friends. Since recently moving to Porthcawl (and away from my gaming friends) I've been missing the scene. I was wondering if there was anyone living in (or close to) Porthcawl that may like to get together weekly or fortnightly for a few hours to play board games?

I've a fairly decent collection of games (over 500 last count) including Euros (Catan, Concordia, Castles of Burgundy, Troyes etc), Card Games (Netrunner, Biblios, Jaipur, Legendary Encounters, Summoner Wars, Mage Wars etc), Strategy (Blood Rage, Chaos in the Old World, Battlestar Galactica, City of Horror, Xia etc). The list goes on...

Give me a shout if you're interested and we can sort something out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darren williams
Wales
maesteg
bridgend
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not too far away, sunny Maesteg will have to see.Bit awkward family issues etc currently, but sounds good. If your a figure/war gamer have a look ar castle gamers in Coity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mb
45 minutes away, so Porthcawl is a bit out of the way to be able to say I'd always be there, but I'm definitely looking to expand beyond just me and the girlfriend. Interested. A fortnightly trip could work for me. Finding nothing around me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Watkins
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about an hour away so likely a bit too far for a regular meetup. I'd be interested though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste Williams
United Kingdom
Porthcawl
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response guys. I wasn't sure what to expect as I know Porthcawl isn't a hub for gaming and most people would live in the surrounding areas.

So, a few possibles so far which is a good start. And fortnightly seems to be the favourite. So before I pluck a date out of the air, any preference to days of the week? Sounds like some of you have family commitments so school nights may be out. Should we aim for Friday evenings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Anderson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There is a club called castle gamers in Bridgend. We meet every Sunday and have a forum. We play many games there and it's only 15 mins from porthcawl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Phillips
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you are still looking for somewhere to play but there is a decent amount of us playing in Swansea.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/343837022382724/there is our FB page if your not a member by now.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.