Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the builder's expansion for Age of Empires which includes 6 country's unique powers. However there are 2 powers each from which to select. In the Age of Discovery it appears there is only one power for each country. Is this correct?

I'm contemplating whether to upgrade to Age of Discovery and selling my Age of Empires and Builder's expansion, but seems like I would actually get less country's powers.

Any thoughts? Am I understanding the Age of Discovery powers (1 per country) correctly?

Thanks in advance!

Al

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Johnson wrote:
Any thoughts? Am I understanding the Age of Discovery powers (1 per country) correctly?

Yes, that's right. There are a few extra nations as add ons you can get... Prussia, Denmark and Ottoman Empire I believe. So 9 total nation powers in the new edition.

With either edition though, it's pretty easy to substitute whatever version of the powers you want through print-n-play or just memory, since it's only a single power. So I would base a decision to upgrade more on if you want all the other new components or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding (I've played E:AoD but never AoE) that the player/country powers in E:AoD have been made more balanced than what was in AoE. Again, no personal experience, but I was thinking I read it either on the KS forum or here on one of the "differences between AoE and E:AoD" threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
My understanding (I've played E:AoD but never AoE) that the player/country powers in E:AoD have been made more balanced than what was in AoE. Again, no personal experience, but I was thinking I read it either on the KS forum or here on one of the "differences between AoE and E:AoD" threads.

That is correct. The original powers were found to be unbalanced, so the designer created a more balanced set of powers for the new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.