Maher Sagrillo
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello BGG Friends and Fans,

Cryptic Explorers will be launching on Kickstarter this month on Halloween, October 31st. We will launch at 4pm MST to let people get off work to check it out.

We appreciate any support you all can show towards making this game a reality. Thank you kindly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is VERY exciting! I will be jumping on board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayne Brookes
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally! Good to see this is still going strong.

... although hopefully the money-sink that is Kingdom Death: Monster starting its new KS on November 25 won't have a negative effect on funding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maher Sagrillo
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Elliott and Kayne for your support!

We're actually pretty big fans of Kingdom Death... But it probably will not interact too much with us. A month apart despite the crowd similarity. Cryptic Explorers is a lot, lot less expensive and likely a much more simple Kickstarter than what I predict from them as well.

Thank you both again greatly! Please tell any friends you know that might be able to make this thing happen.

Cheers and let me know if you have any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
msagrillo wrote:
Thank you Elliott and Kayne for your support!

We're actually pretty big fans of Kingdom Death... But it probably will not interact too much with us. A month apart despite the crowd similarity. Cryptic Explorers is a lot, lot less expensive and likely a much more simple Kickstarter than what I predict from them as well.

Thank you both again greatly! Please tell any friends you know that might be able to make this thing happen.

Cheers and let me know if you have any questions.

I got this on my radar, but tell me, how much inspiration was drawn from Cave Evil? I know the Board game Universe has 50,000,000 games about farming, but this looks so close to the other in art/style that it's hard to overlook, being an owner of CE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maher Sagrillo
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey John,

Actually no inspiration was drawn from Cave Evil. We found out about Cave Evil about a year into making Cryptic Explorers (then Necronauts) and were pretty shocked how similar the art is.

Actually meeting up with Nathan sometime soon to play... Definitely a fan of Cave Evil and pre-ordered War Cults.

Having played both, the art is similar, but mechanically there's not really any overlap. They both have combat and tactics on a grid, that's about the extent of the similarity.

Thanks for asking!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to hear they it was developed "separately", thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell -
msg tools
Congratulations! I have been quietly looking and hoping for Necronaut's revival for quite some time now - I love the art and tactical gameplay, and your gods are all fascinating. Also, anything that realises that fungi are innately horrific gets a tick in my book.

Will be backing this! (Please just make sure you guys allow international shipping ><
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maher Sagrillo
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Russell,

Really appreciate your continued interest... all the way from Necronauts no less! Thanks a lot, that makes my day, and your compliments. I too am a big fan of fungi... eating them and being spooked by them.

We definitely have international shipping, no worries!

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.